Seal on AB nozzle gone/broken - big problem??

M

munkster

Got one of the cheapy (!) eBay airbrush and compressor kits back in January and been pretty happy with it however now I'm trying to use Model Air paints finding I'm having to clean it a lot more vigorously (I have been stripping it totally after most "sessions" anyway) as a result. Felt that the nozzle was getting a bit blocked so soaked it in Airbrush cleaner and was pleased to see little snakes of paint coming out of it however when came to put it back on the brush found that the tiny rubber o-ring seal that I presume sits between nozzle and the airbrush body had slipped and just can't seem to get it back on. It looks a bit compromised anyway and am unsure whether it'd be any use.

So, questions: will this seal be critical? Can the nozzles (or just the seals) be replaced on these cheap Chinese brushes? Am I better off biting the bullet and getting a decent brush? Compressor seems fine (for now)...

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
I would say someone like everythingairbrush may have the parts as they do a lot of the cheap airbrushes, but from my experience you do get what you pay for when it comes to airbrushes, my Iwata Revolution is a fantastic airbrush and I've also got a Hi-line HP-BH it costs over twice as much and it is a much better brush but I don't think it's twice as good.

I still have my Revolution for sale with the .05mm and .03mm needle + pre-set handle, I would do you a bargain price if you are interested

M

munkster

Well yeah... I *am* interested - depends how much of a bargain... ;)

Do you want to PM me perhaps and I'll have a think about it? My birthday's coming up after all!! :cake: