Seehund mini U-boot 1/35 Bronco models

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well while waiting for for things to dry on the Tornado I got a bit bored, Audi 003 had just parked in the armco and King Toms ride was also in bits all over the circuit at Le Mans. What does a guy do?

Build a submarine! The actual build time was silly quick. The U-boat was built in and hour and the torpedoes took around the same time. There are actually more parts in each of the torpedoes than in the U-boat!! Two hours total build time and a week to paint!!! Why so long? :-

Being a sadist at heart and having picked up a new spray nozzle for my "fine-work" airbrush I went for the spotty dog.

The hull was painted with Vallejo white primer then the edges of panels etc pre-shaded with black primer. On top of that went some Vallejo dark grey. A few plates where lightened with a few drops of white to break it down a little.

The for the fun part. The spots. Vallejo again very thin and just enough air to blow it out the AB. A few cock ups resulted in the never-ending touch up spiral. You have all been there!

The rust was down to good old windsor and newton oil paint, White spirit and a hairy stick.

I am rather please with it. Might get another one and do the B5 version some day.

Picture time:

View attachment 30208 View attachment 30209 View attachment 30210 View attachment 30211 View attachment 30212

Hope you lot like it 'cause I ain't painting that again any time soon!

Ian M

View attachment 35402

View attachment 35403

View attachment 35404

View attachment 35405

View attachment 35406

IMAG0036.jpg

IMAG0037.jpg

IMAG0034.jpg

IMAG0033.jpg

IMAG0035.jpg

F

Fenlander

Very nice Ian, it actually looks like dappled light through water which is why the camo was developed. A couple of spiders but who cares, a really great job mate :beer:

geegad

Can't cheat fate..
First Name
John
really nice paint job on this top model bud

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi ian, lovely job on a really unusual kit. Great rust effects too , i love it . cheers tony

R

Richy C

Very nice Ian , as Tony said the rust effect looks great mate , as for Le mans - what a fantastic race last saturday and sunday watched for about 12hrs on and off on eurosport , well pleased Audi won it in the end seeing their two other cars crashed out big time , both drivers lucky to be alive including camera men and photographers with the 1st accident .

Sorry to wonder off course Ian , Sub looks first class mate,

Richy

T

treyzx10r

Ian ,do'nt ya just love an occasional quickie! Came out great ,the rust stains are perfect!

N

noble

Top job Ian what a cracking build, the paint job is sweet. Nice work dude.

scott

B

Bunkerbarge

Superb rusting effects on this model. It really looks the part and the rust in just the right spots looks amazingly realistic.

T

tommy1drop

Hi Ian just spotted this and i have to say its amazing mate, the paint job is superb as is the rusting effect that you have carried out on the kit.

I have just managed to get my hands on one of these and i am looking forward to building it, maybe in a diorama scene, but after looking at your superb kit it has made me want to build it even more now, once again great build and paint job.

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Tom- It really is a quick and easy build but fun none the less.

I will look forwards to seeing what you do with it.

Ian M

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Nice sub Ian, and pretty too, I've never seen one in anything but plain gray/black.

Tony.

D

dubster72

Well done Tom! I missed this one & it's excellent! With this & Scott's VIIC, I want to do a sub!

Cheers

Patrick

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Great work Ian , i have one of these and was going to do a spotty dog but dont know now i have seen yours ,
i was going to use masks !!!.:confused:.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
real like the paint work on this one,Ian so well done,;)