Seehund's Maiden Voyage

M

Maplegarth

Sunday 16th May 7.00pm I took the Seehund to the lake & put it in the water for the 1st time, it sat well in the water just the deck & conning tower showing I pushed controller forward & she moved slowly ahead & very stable, next I switched on the pump to flood ballast tank she submerged nice & steady I took her down about 1 foot, next I switched 2nd pump to empty the tank & up she came (boy was that a big relief lol lol ) The only thing I have to do now is check over the motor & prop shaft as she was a bit slow other than that I was very pleased by the Seehund's performance on her maiden voyage

View attachment 6934

View attachment 6933

/monthly_2004_05/seehundseawolfs.JPG.fd1a0876e550637247a79ac9cb44c5db.JPG

/monthly_2004_05/seehund4s.jpg.01f5a3ae3ca48dd3460c2e952ee81400.jpg

View attachment 11578

View attachment 11579

View attachment 12228

View attachment 12229

seehund4s.jpg

seehundseawolfs.JPG

A

adzam

looks good in the water maplegarth, is that a certain seawolf model i also see in the second pic :smiling3:

hope it goes well.

M

Maplegarth

looks good in the water maplegarth, is that a certain seawolf model i also see in the second pic :smiling3: hope it goes well.
yes thats seewolf he still has some bits to do on it he has had a few probs with the WTC had a split in it so it had to be sealed with resin, hes got to get the trim right next lol

A

ajg141

Looking good Maplegarth. My old (wooden) Krick U-boat also took to the deep this weekend for the first time. No real problems to report and no leaks! Terrific turn of speed. Will try the submerging bit this coming weekend. Taking the waders with me.

AJG

M

Maplegarth

Looking good Maplegarth. My old (wooden) Krick U-boat also took to the deep this weekend for the first time. No real problems to report and no leaks! Terrific turn of speed. Will try the submerging bit this coming weekend. Taking the waders with me.AJG
Hi ajg141 thanks I have sorted out my speed prob too much packing in propshaft stuffing box lol lo llol there are some 800 x 600 photos of seehund

Here if you wish to see them