Seen while gardening

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
very nice garden John and so glad you enjoy iy ,I do also enjoy a potter about in the garden as well,
but as for theses 8 legged aliens well ,after seeing 10 or so thats it gloves done and away,we have theses real
nasty looking big black things ,and red backs,foual webs ,white tails and others as well all out too kill you,just so
nasty ,I even have to make sure the muggys dont play with them or try to eat them,nice to have them helping,
but as I once read somewhere or saw on a ufo,show that i like watching them,spiders and the other they say come
on comets where octopus,travel hear millions of years ago,as said there not of this world lol,hate them so much

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
To be fair to John Moni, we don’t have the lethal eight legged aliens you have over there. Ours are more benign, and somewhat smaller ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
To be fair to John Moni, we don’t have the lethal eight legged aliens you have over there. Ours are more benign, and somewhat smaller ;)
WELL Tim you say that well something has stung my left leg an its all swelled up red an its hurtin like hell an ichtin been to docs a few days ago an im now on a course of anti- biotics to see if that will cure it so we have some things here what can sting you an make life a misery but hopefully not kill you but id love to have seen what did the deed Aaaaaaahhhhhhh
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
WELL Tim you say that well something has stung my left leg an its all swelled up red an its hurtin like hell an ichtin been to docs a few days ago an im now on a course of anti- biotics to see if that will cure it so we have some things here what can sting you an make life a misery but hopefully not kill you but id love to have seen what did the deed Aaaaaaahhhhhhh
chris
Horse Fly - I was bitten on the arm by one a few years ago - it looked like I was growing an Incredible Hulk bicep! Incredibly tender, but went down without any antibiotics
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Horse Fly - I was bitten on the arm by one a few years ago - it looked like I was growing an Incredible Hulk bicep! Incredibly tender, but went down without any antibiotics
Dave
OH THANKS for that Dave never thought of a horse fly as they are them big black buggers eanrt they ? well l hope mine goes down as its been nr a wk now an its still hurtin like hell an itchin an all leg is red an swollen but im declarein war on them bloody things after what its put me through but many thanks for your reply
cheers

ATB
CHRIS

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Must have given you a horses dose of venom, Chris. :smiling6: Better take care it doesn't get septic. Next time do like the Red Indians do...nick the bite with a blade, suck the venom and spit it out... just kidding. Rest easy.

Cheers,
Richard

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Must have given you a horses dose of venom, Chris. :smiling6: Better take care it doesn't get septic. Next time do like the Red Indians do...nick the bite with a blade, suck the venom and spit it out... just kidding. Rest easy.

Cheers,
Richard
Pour ! :smiling3::nerd:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
This is the beast......................
View attachment 430650
About 12-20mm long - only the females bite
Davr
COR CHEERS Dave i'll now what to look out for but i was sittin out in the sun in me shorts an reading a book an i fell asleep an that must have been when i become a target lol but they will be in my crosshairs now with a bang an sqishem
Chris

Reactions: JR

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Watch out for his cousin from Blandford. He can cause real issues…..
View attachment 430662
AN HI Tim what this one called then as the one Dave shew is a horse fly ? an this bugger looks lethel as ive never seen one of these before but i know one thing im gettin rid of me shorts an goin back to full long trousers
thanks for the warning about this
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher

Cheers,
Richard
WELL Richard:thinking::rolling: if you got stung on the bum i dont think there would be many vollenteers to suck out the venom lol:cold-sweat::confounded::flushed:
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
we get horse fly and sand flys with big red eyes that do the same as well,ever think is out to kill you,
the picture that Tim put of the fly bite ,the white tail spider bit dose something much alike but your skin rots off
just nasty things and there are theses other jet back things that are huge and look like strait from space even the
birds wont eat them,they would eat the birds nasty ,almost makes you not won,t to go in the garden :dizzy::disappointed2:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
we get horse fly and sand flys with big red eyes that do the same as well,ever think is out to kill you,
the picture that Tim put of the fly bite ,the white tail spider bit dose something much alike but your skin rots off
just nasty things and there are theses other jet back things that are huge and look like strait from space even the
birds wont eat them,they would eat the birds nasty ,almost makes you not won,t to go in the garden :dizzy::disappointed2:
HI Moni :thinking: well ive declared war on these bloomin insects an big fly's now but not on an bees or butterflys an i wont wear shorts outside ever again for me its now full lenght trousers but could have been worst by getting stung on the neck then it would have stopped me modeling as not by able to move my head if it was anything like my present sting but my fault in a way for falling asleep out in the sunshine reading a book

but yes Moni you are right in sayin makes you not want to go out in the garden as here the wasps look bigger an the hornets an ive had a big ashion hornet i think it was an it was big an it was brown an black stripes with a big bright orange face came into my model room an in my work shed as one was tryin to build a nest but i got rid of it quick an now i keep the doors shut an ive treid PaulE method of a peppermint plant in my model room an so far seems to be working thank goodness stay safe Moni ATB
chris an jen

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
HI Moni :thinking: well ive declared war on these bloomin insects an big fly's now but not on an bees or butterflys an i wont wear shorts outside ever again for me its now full lenght trousers but could have been worst by getting stung on the neck then it would have stopped me modeling as not by able to move my head if it was anything like my present sting but my fault in a way for falling asleep out in the sunshine reading a book

but yes Moni you are right in sayin makes you not want to go out in the garden as here the wasps look bigger an the hornets an ive had a big ashion hornet i think it was an it was big an it was brown an black stripes with a big bright orange face came into my model room an in my work shed as one was tryin to build a nest but i got rid of it quick an now i keep the doors shut an ive treid PaulE method of a peppermint plant in my model room an so far seems to be working thank goodness stay safe Moni ATB
chris an jen
oh that was so close with the bee,the thing i don,t understand is why they sting if you dont hurt them or go close,maybe get a little confused,years back i had a yellow car
and was driving around a bend and one stong me for no reason I could see but did,but just keep away from them better them ,than 8 legged aliens lol,
but for wasps or hornets ,different stories they just attack you for no reason at all,and if you kill one it dose leave a small that others can small so come to help it,what you do is
trap it and then put it to sleep,a few yrs back has so many in the yard just unsafe to go out,why i never worked it out,glad at the end they just went away,
nice tip to know about the peppermint working to repel them,always helps knowing what plants help,i think that lavender works for flea and mozzys with a few others as well,
always need to be aware
keep safe out there Chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh that was so close with the bee,the thing i don,t understand is why they sting if you dont hurt them or go close,maybe get a little confused,years back i had a yellow car
and was driving around a bend and one stong me for no reason I could see but did,but just keep away from them better them ,than 8 legged aliens lol,
but for wasps or hornets ,different stories they just attack you for no reason at all,and if you kill one it dose leave a small that others can small so come to help it,what you do is
trap it and then put it to sleep,a few yrs back has so many in the yard just unsafe to go out,why i never worked it out,glad at the end they just went away,
nice tip to know about the peppermint working to repel them,always helps knowing what plants help,i think that lavender works for flea and mozzys with a few others as well,
always need to be aware
keep safe out there Chris
HI Moni well had a scare last night jen an i was sittin in livein room whatching startrek an it was warm in there an we had a bright light on an the next thing we know this big black bloomin insect about an inch long came out of nowhere as i think i had been sleepin in our livin room with us an started flyin about an i was amasezed an i got up quick to try to swat it but it thankfully it flew into the door an it stunned itself i think as it dropped to the floor so i quilkly dispatched it to the bin an it looked like the one in Tims second pic like a big wasp so i think it was the thing that stung me so hopefully there are no more so got the bugger back an give it a taste of pain like it gave me an still is as i think the anti biottics are workin but slowly gettin better just as well it dint sting jen as well bleedin horrible it was like you say it looked like nothing of this earth phew but thank god it came out or we could have been stung again as id never seen anything like this in my nr 70 yrs on this planet
chris

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HI Moni well had a scare last night jen an i was sittin in livein room whatching startrek an it was warm in there an we had a bright light on an the next thing we know this big blaFck bloomin insect about an inch long came out of nowhere as i think i had been sleepin in our livin room with us an started flyin about an i was amasezed an i got up quick to try to swat it but it thankfully it flew into the door an it stunned itself i think as it dropped to the floor so i quilkly dispatched it to the bin an it looked like the one in Tims second pic like a big wasp so i think it was the thing that stung me so hopefully there are no more so got the bugger back an give it a taste of pain like it gave me an still is as i think the anti biottics are workin but slowly gettin better just as well it dint sting jen as well bleedin horrible it was like you say it looked like nothing of this earth phew but thank god it came out or we could have been stung again as id never seen anything like this in my nr 70 yrs on this planet
chris
[/QUOTE

Probably a gang of them waiting for you Chris, the word has got out after the first one bit you, be afraid very afraid ! :smiling3: Have a Nice Day

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Probably a gang of them waiting for you Chris, the word has got out after the first one bit you, be afraid very afraid ! :smiling3: Have a Nice Day
J/R QUOTE

OH THANK YOU John thats allayed my fears no end where ever i look now i keep seeing bloody great black things flyin out of the corner of my eye THIS NOW IS WAR LOL just thank god it dint sting jen i blame it on climite change as its gettin warmer here so them bloomin great bugs are comin here Aaaaaaaagggghhhhh
chris
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
HI Moni well had a scare last night jen an i was sittin in livein room whatching startrek an it was warm in there an we had a bright light on an the next thing we know this big black bloomin insect about an inch long came out of nowhere as i think i had been sleepin in our livin room with us an started flyin about an i was amasezed an i got up quick to try to swat it but it thankfully it flew into the door an it stunned itself i think as it dropped to the floor so i quilkly dispatched it to the bin an it looked like the one in Tims second pic like a big wasp so i think it was the thing that stung me so hopefully there are no more so got the bugger back an give it a taste of pain like it gave me an still is as i think the anti biottics are workin but slowly gettin better just as well it dint sting jen as well bleedin horrible it was like you say it looked like nothing of this earth phew but thank god it came out or we could have been stung again as id never seen anything like this in my nr 70 yrs on this planet
chris
oh wow so glad your both ok and did not get sting by it ,hate it when things happen like that and why hind and sleep in your living room,rotten thing'see there just out to get us ,so glad it did its shelf harm and not you two,evil things get it in for us i think, :confused: