Seen while gardening

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
HI Moni well had a scare last night jen an i was sittin in livein room whatching startrek an it was warm in there an we had a bright light on an the next thing we know this big black bloomin insect about an inch long came out of nowhere as i think i had been sleepin in our livin room with us an started flyin about an i was amasezed an i got up quick to try to swat it but it thankfully it flew into the door an it stunned itself i think as it dropped to the floor so i quilkly dispatched it to the bin an it looked like the one in Tims second pic like a big wasp so i think it was the thing that stung me so hopefully there are no more so got the bugger back an give it a taste of pain like it gave me an still is as i think the anti biottics are workin but slowly gettin better just as well it dint sting jen as well bleedin horrible it was like you say it looked like nothing of this earth phew but thank god it came out or we could have been stung again as id never seen anything like this in my nr 70 yrs on this planet
chris
Chris, I can see the whole scene so clearly as it happens here often but said culprit is a cockroach. Starts with a SHRIEK and everyone runs helter skelter. After recovering from the shriek the cats go after the roach, I go after my slippers...more shrieks..its a competition between me and the cats to who gets the roach, SWMBO as usual the director in between screaming 'its the flying kind' more chaos before the roach is smashed then its clean up duty and accessing damage.:smiling6:

Good thing you both weren't stung.

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh wow so glad your both ok and did not get sting by it ,hate it when things happen like that and why hind and sleep in your living room,rotten thing'see there just out to get us ,so glad it did its shelf harm and not you two,evil things get it in for us i think, :confused:

HI Moni but i did get stung by it i think as it was a visous looking thing but it wont sting us no more as its dead as im declarein WAR on these bloomin things an yes it was proberly hidin in our livin room as it was warm in there but when i put on the bright light it brought it out to go on the attack of us but it got a shock when I as jen was just amaszed an starein at it i fought back lol an yes Moni they are out to get us thats why its now WAR against these blooming thing i will be armed in my belt with a big strong fly swatter an a small tin of insect killer in my pockect an my TIN HAT ( A SAUCE PAN ON ME HEAD LOL) :rolling: :upside::smiling::smiling:
yes Moni ITS NOW WAR lol an you stay safe indoors but then i was stung indoors is there no place safe Aaaaaaaaarrrhhhhhhhh
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I can see the whole scene so clearly as it happens here often but said culprit is a cockroach. Starts with a SHRIEK and everyone runs helter skelter. After recovering from the shriek the cats go after the roach, I go after my slippers...more shrieks..its a competition between me and the cats to who gets the roach, SWMBO as usual the director in between screaming 'its the flying kind' more chaos before the roach is smashed then its clean up duty and accessing damage.:smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard
AN HI Richard but i was stung the first time but not this time or jen thank god as when i was busy tryin to swat it it flew into the door an knocked itself out as it fell to the floor an i had a quick look at it but then clobbered it before it came to pity i dint have the camera near me or i would have taken a pic of it as it was bloomin evil looking thing like a big black wasp about an inch long an i have never seen anything like it in my life an yes i can also imagine the kaos in your house when you get something like that in the house an everybody is screamin an you sayin get it an your missus also screamin must be enought to send you round the bend lol
chris an jen

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
HI Moni but i did get stung by it i think as it was a visous looking thing but it wont sting us no more as its dead as im declarein WAR on these bloomin things an yes it was proberly hidin in our livin room as it was warm in there but when i put on the bright light it brought it out to go on the attack of us but it got a shock when I as jen was just amaszed an starein at it i fought back lol an yes Moni they are out to get us thats why its now WAR against these blooming thing i will be armed in my belt with a big strong fly swatter an a small tin of insect killer in my pockect an my TIN HAT ( A SAUCE PAN ON ME HEAD LOL) :rolling: :upside::smiling::smiling:
yes Moni ITS NOW WAR lol an you stay safe indoors but then i was stung indoors is there no place safe Aaaaaaaaarrrhhhhhhhh
chris
oh well just just not good ,do hope the sting is better and no problems with it,hate things like that and from time to time see flying big things
in the garden or come inside as well,best your way smack them first then a little,bug spay them then bin,or that spray just about kills me lol,
i have sprayed spiders in the house with huge mount of foam over them and they still walk out of it ,just more angry lol,hate the things
stay safe and watch out ,as said they out to get us all , :rolling: :smiling4:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh well just just not good ,do hope the sting is better and no problems with it,hate things like that and from time to time see flying big things
in the garden or come inside as well,best your way smack them first then a little,bug spay them then bin,or that spray just about kills me lol,
i have sprayed spiders in the house with huge mount of foam over them and they still walk out of it ,just more angry lol,hate the things
stay safe and watch out ,as said they out to get us all , :rolling: :smiling4:
WELL Moni when it comes to armagodden for us they say that the insects will take over from us an it looks like its already started as jen was talkin to the next door niebours an they were tellin jen that their granson has now been stung by a horse fly this wk an his leg is all swollen up an red like mine was an painfull but i think mine is easin off now as i can walk on it ok due to them antibiottics thank god
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
WELL Moni when it comes to armagodden for us they say that the insects will take over from us an it looks like its already started as jen was talkin to the next door niebours an they were tellin jen that their granson has now been stung by a horse fly this wk an his leg is all swollen up an red like mine was an painfull but i think mine is easin off now as i can walk on it ok due to them antibiottics thank god
chris
oh no thats so bad poor little one,whats whit theses thing ,so glad that your sting is doing better,maybe some truth in it all ,but we are still hear ,but as always been there
some many little bugs that can kill us or makke us so sick,its a wounder we are even hear, :rolling: :confused:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
oh no thats so bad poor little one,whats whit theses thing ,so glad that your sting is doing better,maybe some truth in it all ,but we are still hear ,but as always been there
some many little bugs that can kill us or makke us so sick,its a wounder we are even hear, :rolling: :confused:
Yea Moni its a wonder to me that humanity was'nt bumped off by these bleedin stinging insects in the middle ages where there then there was no medicenes or such as people then died young just as well we could out produce the death rates of the times
chris

monica

SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
Yea Moni its a wonder to me that humanity was'nt bumped off by these bleedin stinging insects in the middle ages where there then there was no medicenes or such as people then died young just as well we could out produce the death rates of the times
chris
that is so true that we have made it this far with all the things out to kill us at ever true and we dont need people messing with things to make them
even worse when will they learn :confused:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Cheers,
Richard
Richard reading this post brought back memories of HK in the 60's .
Dad was shaving and noticed in the mirror a very large spider coming down the wall.
Now my dad had a fear of spiders and seeing this brute shouted and ran out of the bathroom, followed by the spider !
Mother who had been sleep was woken by this and grabbing a slipper flattened the brute as it came into their bed room.
This episode was nothing to her killing a Green Mamba in Rhodesia in the 50's.
She and my dad had been playing cards with another couple when suddenly they noticed this snake sliding across the tiled floor. Unfortunately for the snake it was heading towards my bedroom, of course mother wasn't having young her Johnny becoming a victim and beat it to death with a broom. Apparently the others all climbed into chairs. The following day another Green Mamba was found a under the bungalow and distroyed. My mother appeared unphased by such things and was quite a formidable woman well into her late 80' s.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I spent a fair amount of time in the Tropics, and come across giant cockroaches, spiders, hornets, mosquitoes, none of which particularly bothered me - but the insects that could turn me in a quivering wreck were the centipedes and millipedes - especially the millipedes! About the size of a chipolata sausage & shiny chocolate brown - even now. just writing about it makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up - and if one appears on a tv nature programme - I change channels quickly!
Dave

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
COME ON then u guys a pic please so we can see who humpfrey is then