Shakedown in the Baltic Sea...VII-D U. Boat

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
\ said:
ron thats brill. my grandad died through one of these v11 u boats. hms exmouth 1940. just cant bring myself to make the dio i know i want to. water effects are just superb mate...bloody love it ron.
Thanks Rob. I've had a look at HMS Exmouth, I'm sure you will know, but for other members who might be interested, she was a destroyer and was torpedoed in1940 in Scottish waters by U22 and sank with all hands. It wasn't until after WW2 finished that anyone knew how she was sunk.....

U22 vanished without trace somewhere in the North Sea later in the war. How and why she sank no-one knows.

On the question of your dio. I say make it as a tribute to your late grand dad, he will/ or would - depending on what you believe - be well chuffed you made it for him.....Providing I've read between the lines correctly!

Ron

Last edited by a moderator:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks everyone for the excellent and positive posts. I appreciate you taking the time to add your contributions.....

Ron

First Name
Richard
Hi Ron,

what could I say without repeating what already been sad, absolutely brilliant the way the U-boat is placed with the realistic water and those close up pictures, well if I didn't know better I would say that's the real thing ready to dive.

All together a excellent build Ron

Cheers Richi

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for a great post Richi!

Very nice compliments about both the boat and the 'sea'

Thanks again,

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
David and Mike, thank you both for the excellent posts......I'm really chuffed by the response from my 'mates' on S.M. about my model...

Cheers,

Ron