Sheerline Subs

Z

zoedog1

Can any member tell me what they think of Sheerline Subs especially the type 2D - Do you own or have built one.

Any and all comments appreciated

Zoedog1

M

Mankster

IMHO Sheerline subs are the most reliable static divers available world wide. Quality and workmanship are first class. I have had 3 pass through my hands and have an out of production big beasty of a kit in the loft. Some of the other models in the range, inherited from Eden Submarines, are more semiscale, but the Type II is an accurate and well researched model. Theres plenty to do topside to get it looking its best but you can have a functional boat in 2 evenings. The Type II by nature of it size/shape and kort nozzel type steering, its a very manuverable boat for its size.

A

ajg141

I concur entirely with Mankster. I have an older Trafalgar class that I have upgraded to the latest Sheerline spec with a tremendous improvement in agility. I also have one of the huge Los Angeles class and this too performs admirably. The kits are excellent and not difficult to build. The service and help that Sheerline give would be very hard to beat.

Andrew

Z

zoedog1

Thanks Mankster and Andrew,

This is exactly what I am hoping to hear - Now if we can only get more forum members comments, this will give me a heap of ammo to convince the wife of a great investment.

Thanks Again

Zoedog 1

S

subzero

My two pence worth for what its worth is...If I was going to buy a sub virtually ready to go then it would be a sheerline, good value for money no nonesense stuff and he is a modeller too !!

V

VanguardUK

\ said:
Can any member tell me what they think of Sheerline Subs especially the type 2D - Do you own or have built one.Any and all comments appreciated

Zoedog1
Simply superb mate, not the cheapestbut you get what you pay for, I've had an Akula, Ohio & am now sellng my Trafalgar, I know of loads of people who own chris's boats including the typeII all are delighted - he's a decent bloke to deal with as well.