Shelby Cobra 427, Fujimi (vs Revell)

PauliusLiekis

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paulius
I wanted to make Shelby Cobra for a while, but I wanted something street/sporty/modern looking. Eventually bought Fujimi and Revell kits.

Fujimi looks great on the cover. If it looked like that when assembled I would have zero interest in making any mods.
IMG_1567.jpg
Unfortunately, the actual stance of the car is nowhere near what you see on the cover. It's closer to what you see in the instructions:

IMG_1569.jpg

The package and the instructions are much closer in the Revell model:
IMG_1566.jpg

IMG_1570.jpg

It feels like Fujimi didn't bother making tires for this kit and just reused it from some other model, as they are the same size and are not even wide enough to cover the rims. Revell did a more solid job of actually making tires like they should be (Fujimi 2 on the left, Revell 2 on the right):
IMG_1560.jpgIMG_1559.jpg

Also, the front arcs in Revell have a slightly smaller radius, which helps the overall look.

However, I would to point out, that the Fujimi kit has way better quality overall otherwise.

I decided to proceed with Fujimi in the end and just make some mods using a 3D printer.

PauliusLiekis

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paulius
I experimented with printing wheels for the model. Just using regular extrusion printer and printing ABS. Mostly experimenting on direction of the print:
1712237651337.png

The final results are pretty decent:
1712237802903.png
And here is the painted result:
1712238089016.png
I bought a bunch of "GOOD YEAR" stickers that were supposed to be for 1:24 models, but it felt like all these stickers are more likelly for 1:18 models or for truck tires. Or maybe I'm just missing something.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Goodyear racing tires have much larger print than their conventional tires.