"Sheridan",Vietnam Dio

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's a fine effort so far Andy..........I'll sit in with JR and watch further developments. Tracks are always interesting and JR is an EXPERT, as you know, so well versed in the out of ordinary, should the occasion arise. ;) Rick H.
:nerd::smiling2:Thank you Rick, gave me a good laugh.
Excuse us Mr Smith .

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
No pressure but I've just started the groundwork ... probably doesn't mean that much though!
HA! Nice one Steve!
Pressure is kinda on....... after all,i`m at least a week away from even STARTING the base for this one..... let alone scratching the Statue stuff!!:dizzy:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Coming along nicely Andy :thumb2:
I see Tamiya do this in 1/16 scale….the guy at the model shop tried to flog me one last weekend :smiling5:
Not built a modern tamiya kit either just a few of their golden oldies….looking good
Hello Si,Long time no see Sir!!
You should`ve bought it....although i don`t know how much he wanted obviously?!!;)
This one is sure a cracking kit to build,but,like you,it`s the first Tamiya kit i`ve done that wasn`t at least 30,(Many,nearly 40!!) years old :flushed::smiling:
Thanks mate!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ahhhh interesting subject... :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: pulling chair...
Well,firstly Greg,It`s a pleasure to see you pop in on one of my builds :thumb2:,
Secondly,please don`t expect my figures to be ANYWHERE NEAR the quality of painting that you achieve mate!!:flushed:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Good evening Mr Smith.
I will grab a seat, and Cohan can sit on my lap and watch .
Now if you need any advice on tracks please just ask ----------------------------------------some one else !
Evening Mr Race:thumb2:,
Firstly,Cohan is a bit worried that you may nick his seat......
IMG20210717124414.jpg
Secondly..... Tracks!!:flushed:
I was gonna be on your case on this one..... but i`ve actually done them!!
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's a fine effort so far Andy..........I'll sit in with JR and watch further developments. Tracks are always interesting and JR is an EXPERT, as you know, so well versed in the out of ordinary, should the occasion arise. ;) Rick H.
Good evening Mr. Rick:thumb2::smiling:!!
Yes,John was on the alert page of my Track building phase
......,however,i got `em done,once i`d had enough of mamby pambying about and leaving them til later!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Well,Good evenin` guys,a slight update again......
So,the tracks are now on,........a big "Thank You" to Dave for his insight into the way he does them,(Sorry John!!;):tears-of-joy: ),they`re by no means perfect,but as a first attempt,i`m fairly happy......
:thumb2:
IMG20210718145808.jpg
The kit supplies a sheet of that horrible Black nylon type "Mesh",(I`ve binned it,so no pics,but you know what i mean:thumb2:),I don`t use that at all any more,and bought some much better mesh,much more realistic......
IMG20210718145711.jpg
I don`t like the "Factory perfect" squared off shape suggested by the Destructions,so i stuck it to the frame......
IMG20210718185426.jpg
Bit of damage there..... hopefully,when it`s on the Sheridan with some vegitation interweaved,it may look ok:flushed:?!
Anyway.... Onto the figures.....the Bravo six ones i got the other day.....
IMG20210718185636.jpg
Quite a bit of filling required,and the pic`s a bit blurry i`m afraid.... but they are pretty cool.... as you`ll see as i progress with them!;),next are the Kit supplied Tamiya figures.I don`t normally bother with tose,but these later offerings are much improved.....
IMG20210718185801.jpg
They`re not GREAT,but not THAT bad?!! Is it just me,or does the Guy on the right look a LOT like Alan Shearer?!!:dizzy::tears-of-joy:
Thanks for looking in Chaps,much appreciated,
Andy

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice figures regardless of who they remind you of, to me the guy on the right looks like a mate of mine , not that makes any difference :smiling:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Looking right smart Mr. Smiff! Good to see you got the tracks sorted out and have moved on. :thumb2:
Rick H.
Rick .
That was unkind , there is no need to bring damned tracks up ever again ! :crying:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
hopefully,when it`s on the Sheridan with some vegitation interweaved,it may look ok:flushed:
The model is looking good, but I’m not sure why you mention vegetation in that net. Unless you mean it as bits of trees and shrubs that got ripped off when the tank moved through them, of course :smiling3: The purpose of the netting was to catch RPG-2 projectiles, not for camouflage.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Please excuse the intrusion Mr. Smiff......JR is having an episode and needs some attention. Matron has been "summoned" as we speak and is enroute to said victim....he suffers from "Trackless 19" syndrome and is up to his usual "Monkey virus" business.....I suspect it will take a double dose with the "Square" needle to get him back on "Track".....no pun intended :tongue-out3:.....plus the fact that he will be allowed to build ONLY wheeled vehicles for the rest of this thread to keep him from relapsing. I shall post myself in the corner to administer what aid I can and to keep his chin wiped......he tends to drool a bit after treatments etc.
Cordially,
"Dr. Tricky Ricky"

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Man --- don't diss my gun man! We gonna hav dem conflict Bro! (Personally I think he looks like my Uncle Percival!) - a really nice boy!
Not sure Uncle Percy will be too happy about that Steve!!;)
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Nice figures regardless of who they remind you of, to me the guy on the right looks like a mate of mine , not that makes any difference :smiling:
Cheers John,
I like the laid back poses:thumb2:,
Andy