"Sheridan",Vietnam Dio

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
BLIMEY.... Apologies to Kate there Steve!!;)
Thanks very much mate.... I seem to be on a bit of a roll!!
Andy
No worries mate! I've lost a month doing conversions at Kate's school - the ACAV was part of the reward for so doing! I am so looking forward to spending some subterranean time in the Cave and not getting covered in Victorian c--p and modern-day plaster,paint and mastic! Hopefully I can match your output in the next few weeks (for gentle comparison purposes only of course!)
Steve

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
They look fantastic Steve. Absolutely love the vegetation in the screen on the Sheridan. I can hear “white rabbit” playing as I look at them…..
Hi DAVE,thanks for that,i was quite pleased with it also:thumb2:,
One thing that the Vietnam War DID have,was a fantastic back drop music wise:cool:,
Thanks for the nice comments ,
RIDIAN,
(Actually it`s "Andy" mate:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:)

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi DAVE,thanks for that,i was quite pleased with it also:thumb2:,
One thing that the Vietnam War DID have,was a fantastic back drop music wise:cool:,
Thanks for the nice comments ,
RIDIAN,
(Actually it`s "Andy" mate:tears-of-joy::tears-of-joy:)
Didn't it just!!!! Used to know the 'Good morning Vietnam soundtrack word for word. And of course the songs! In fact playing it on Amazon music now!!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No worries mate! I've lost a month doing conversions at Kate's school - the ACAV was part of the reward for so doing! I am so looking forward to spending some subterranean time in the Cave and not getting covered in Victorian c--p and modern-day plaster,paint and mastic! Hopefully I can match your output in the next few weeks (for gentle comparison purposes only of course!)
Steve
I feel your pain Steve :astonished: ,
In my main employ,i work with the water companies.....
That`s mainly Fresh water Reservoirs and pumping stations,then there`s the Waste Water,(I won`t go into detail here!!:tired:),pumping stations,Pretty much ALL constructed in the Victorian era,and pretty much not been maintained since-not a surprise in these days.
But when they Clank on THOUSANDS of new houses,and don`t bother with ANY of adapting the infrastructure,they wonder why the old stuff can`t cope!:astonished:
I do wonder about the level of intelligence that is supposedly "Monitoring" this,once proud land.:flushed:
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
What about 'Surfing Bird', 'Born to be Wild', 'Ride of the Valkyries' ..... ! (etc):smiling::smiling2::smiling3:
Lovin` it all mate!!
My personal fav`s..... Paint it black and ANYTHING by Jefferson Airplane,(Grace Slick`s voice was AWESOME!!)
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I feel your pain Steve :astonished: ,
In my main employ,i work with the water companies.....
That`s mainly Fresh water Reservoirs and pumping stations,then there`s the Waste Water,(I won`t go into detail here!!:tired:),pumping stations,Pretty much ALL constructed in the Victorian era,and pretty much not been maintained since-not a surprise in these days.
But when they Clank on THOUSANDS of new houses,and don`t bother with ANY of adapting the infrastructure,they wonder why the old stuff can`t cope!:astonished:
I do wonder about the level of intelligence that is supposedly "Monitoring" this,once proud land.:flushed:
Andy
Andy
Ex-Civils after my time in the Mob, I am constantly amazed by the lack of 'intelligence' shown by developers, and more importantly, those who are supposedly in control of development and 'sustainable development (snorts with derision) ' - oh for the reinstatement of Victorian over-engineering and (dare I say it?) salt-glazed pipework!! What is a flood plain I wonder ...
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
So then,the AFVs for this are pretty much done,
Next to do are the figures,and decide on the shape/size of the base. :thumb2:
As i promised Steve..... (That`s STEVE Tim....... not me,ANDY !!:tears-of-joy:),......
I WILL be doing a Buddah Statue,and here`s what i`m basing it on.......
buddaH MINE.jpg
But here`s where i`m starting from ......
IMG20210910161921.jpg
Quite usable (Well,it better be!!)......
IMG20210910161901.jpg
I`m quite happy that i can sculpt that..... But we`ll see!!;)
Stay tuned
Andy

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Lovin` it all mate!!
My personal fav`s..... Paint it black and ANYTHING by Jefferson Airplane,(Grace Slick`s voice was AWESOME!!)
Andy
Indeed...... White Rabbit..... Classic. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

In their late teens and early 20s, former friends of mine had a bit of a Vietnam thing going in the late 80s and early 90s, even to the point of doing a Vietnam based role playing game, amongst the other wargaming we used to play, up in his mum's loft.:cool::cool::cool:

They also had the habit of smoking certain substances and although I never directly inhaled, it would have been impossible for there not to have been some passive smoking going on....

The end result is that I always had the recollection that White Rabbit was a lot, lot, lot longer than it's actual two and a half minutes.....:tongue-out3::tongue-out3:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Indeed...... White Rabbit..... Classic. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

In their late teens and early 20s, former friends of mine had a bit of a Vietnam thing going in the late 80s and early 90s, even to the point of doing a Vietnam based role playing game, amongst the other wargaming we used to play, up in his mum's loft.:cool::cool::cool:

They also had the habit of smoking certain substances and although I never directly inhaled, it would have been impossible for there not to have been some passive smoking going on....

The end result is that I always had the recollection that White Rabbit was a lot, lot, lot longer than it's actual two and a half minutes.....:tongue-out3::tongue-out3:
That is bizarre! Apparently my recollections of two and a half minutes do not concur with Kate's ...

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey,
I have trouble remembering anything short term these days.......
...... surely it can`t be all due to a few random smokes back in the day,can it?!! :flushed: .....
.... well,i say,"A few Random"...,,,,,,,,;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then guys,
A brief update of what`s been going on .......
IMG20210910161921.jpgAIMG20210912192824.jpg
A bit crude there,although i will tidy it up,i`m not going for a totally uniform finish.... in those days,and after years of wear and tear,there will be slippage/damage.I`ve also put down the scatter on the main route`s path,and sunk the two AFVs into their final positions :thumb2:.
Obviously a LONG way to go,but we are now on the home straight;)
IMG20210912193056.jpg
IMG20210912192951.jpg
So,as i said,a long way to go..... and some of you may have noticed a rather large gap in the bottom right corner,i have a plan for that.... and i bet that NO WAY would any one of you guess what`s going to be tried to put in there!!;)
Thanks for looking in chaps,sorry it`s not more interesting..... but soon.......
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Right then guys,
A brief update of what`s been going on .......
View attachment 433577AView attachment 433578
A bit crude there,although i will tidy it up,i`m not going for a totally uniform finish.... in those days,and after years of wear and tear,there will be slippage/damage.I`ve also put down the scatter on the main route`s path,and sunk the two AFVs into their final positions :thumb2:.
Obviously a LONG way to go,but we are now on the home straight;)
View attachment 433580
View attachment 433581
So,as i said,a long way to go..... and some of you may have noticed a rather large gap in the bottom right corner,i have a plan for that.... and i bet that NO WAY would any one of you guess what`s going to be tried to put in there!!;)
Thanks for looking in chaps,sorry it`s not more interesting..... but soon.......
Andy
I KNOW, I KNOW!! - It's going to be a crashed UFO!!! With little yellow men spilling out of it! I claim my prize ... !