Shuftie's Captured Butcher Bird

S

Shuftie

It seems the Steves/Stephens have a butcher bird theme going. This is my second group build (still working on the overhauled one, which is a bit late).

I have chosen a FW190 A-5 found in Tunisia and flown by the 79th FG of the USAAF. The aircraft was painted in bright yellow and red and should be quite striking when finished.

The kit is Eduards FW-190 A-5, purchased for a 1/3 of the price on Hannants and the decals are Rising Decals, Under New Management set.

View attachment 38605

Will keep you all updated as I progress

Stephen

View attachment 42677

View attachment 42678

View attachment 42679

EDK8174_1.jpg

ffw_0001.jpg

capturedfw190_red.jpg

Last edited:

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Stephen and congratulations on such a magnificent choice of subject if I may venture my ..ahem..completely unbiased opinion.

This will be a very attractive model,looking forward to seeing you progress.

I don't know how familiar you are with the Eduard kit. It makes a fine Fw190 but you need to be careful during construction,nothing scarey but make sure you dry fit ahead,if things get slightly out of kilter you'll have fun fixing it as I found out the hard way!

Cheers

Steve

S

Shuftie

Hi Steve

Yep I read up on the Eduard kit and found Brett Green's review on kit reviews which lists Eduard's recommendations on the build. I am thinking that with kit building it is like carpentry,,,,,dry fit twice before gluing!

Stephen

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Stephen, How are things going, Its been a bit quite in the build thread....

Ian M