image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

summer this year, before i had the accident, we went to shuttleworth airshow, as its down the road, and i get in free because my birds are kept there.

I took loads of photos but these were the best ones i got. Nikon D3200 with nikons vr 200 lens.

(By the way, i am a registered Falconer! Before i get lewd comments about birds!)

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
Even for a 200mm lens they are some great close up's

First Name
Dave
Lovely pics Dave.

Shuttleworth is a great place mate, last time I was there was when I took my 43 willys (jeep) there for the jeep show in July 95, I got a trophy somewhere for being the furthest travelled military jeep, some guy from Bournemouth was there but left early so I got the trophy as I was the next one on from Bournemouth having come from Southampton at that time!

Had a great weekend there, camped just across the road in the woods!

D

Dave1973

\ said:
Even for a 200mm lens they are some great close up's
They were very close to us John, so the 200 lens picked them out brilliantly!

\ said:
Lovely pics Dave.
Shuttleworth is a great place mate, last time I was there was when I took my 43 willys (jeep) there for the jeep show in July 95, I got a trophy somewhere for being the furthest travelled military jeep, some guy from Bournemouth was there but left early so I got the trophy as I was the next one on from Bournemouth having come from Southampton at that time!

Had a great weekend there, camped just across the road in the woods!
You camped in Old Warden Woods, which is owned by my wifes family, its where i take the birds to hunt.

First Name
Dave
\ said:
They were very close to us John, so the 200 lens picked them out brilliantly!
You camped in Old Warden Woods, which is owned by my wifes family, its where i take the birds to hunt.
Bloody heck.............Small world, I camped in a area just after you come of the road into a clearing, bear round to the left and kind of come back on yourself toward the road. ........the museum was just across the road from from the where I pitched my tent.

I remember seeing the avro 504, avro tutor, hurricane, stearman and their gorgeous spitfire vb (coded NN●A).......I remember the had a DH88 comet and Hawker cygnet there too. Great place.

I've got some pics of my jeep when i was there tucked away somewhere, I'll have to dig them out tomorrow!

Small world mate.

My uncle goes to Shuttleworth with his new girlfriend she lives in Sandy, Beds ........My uncles wife died 4 years ago, he's ex navy and lives in Looe, Cornwall and travels up to Beds to see her !

D

Dave1973

Vickys family are all in biggleswade now, bar her nan who stil lives in the first house on the left past the shuttleworth collection entrance.

Back then the faconry area wasnt there, just behind the Collection. But the mansion itself was and still is an agricultural college.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Great pictures. OK I'll put my hand up and wondered for a second if these were 'photoshopped' models being held in the air. Bloody good models I have to say !!

D

Dave1973

No they're real!

I'll post the others up later as its on the laptop