Si B’s 1/35 Takom blitz Pz III Ausf M

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi chaps ,
Some more of the equipment added to the fenders as well as the spaced frontal armour, bow gun etc.

I jumped the steps adding the schürzen brackets, I’ll add them once I’m closer to finishing or I’ll just break them off.
0FF2BA38-7CE4-4576-AC05-75B7B999C7A2.jpeg

Next few steps concentrate on the turret.
Thanks for looking

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Looking good Si.

I don't understand how some of my fellow modellers manage to keep their work areas so meticulously clean and laid out like a surgeon's table. ;) Most impressive!

....and another thing. I don't know where you live Si, but if and when we ever get the chance to all meet again at RAF Cosford's model show, you are cordially invited to bring along your most excellent cakes!

Yours.
Paul Hollingwood

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Looking good Si.

I don't understand how some of my fellow modellers manage to keep their work areas so meticulously clean and laid out like a surgeon's table. ;) Most impressive!

....and another thing. I don't know where you live Si, but if and when we ever get the chance to all meet again at RAF Cosford's model show, you are cordially invited to bring along your most excellent cakes!

Yours.
Paul Hollingwood

Fear not mate, i can make a proper mess when I’m in the flow!! I just don’t have enough space to spread out my stuff...
EB75BEC4-D848-4640-99CD-6378A2C8E54D.jpeg

Cosford is a fair old trek for me, living down here on the south coast....I’m not tech savvy but I’ll have a go at emailing you some of the cakes if you like ;):smiling5:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
Getting on very nicely. All looks great and good detail. Tracks are a good idea.
As for the tidy bench. A man after my own heart - what's with the masking tape decorating the light :tongue-out3:
Jim

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Si
Getting on very nicely. All looks great and good detail. Tracks are a good idea.
As for the tidy bench. A man after my own heart - what's with the masking tape decorating the light :tongue-out3:
Jim
Masking tape....Well I like to dry fit bits together with tape. So rather then use it once then bin it, I stick them to the lamp to be used another day.....its due to a condition I have called Titus- bottomus :smiling5:

Never mind the light, Jim. Just clock Si in his school uniform!
And it still fits after all these years....trousers are a little ’snug’ now though :flushed: :smiling5:

Nice toolmaker's cabinet too!
Pete
It was a necessary investment. Much better looking than a mechanics chest and when the table is required it closes up neatly and can be moved easily :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
It was a necessary investment. Much better looking than a mechanics chest and when the table is required it closes up neatly and can be moved easily :thumb2:

Si, can you remember where you go the cabinet from? ATB.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si, can you remember where you go the cabinet from? ATB.

Andrew
i got it through Amazon, other online department stores are available, back in 2015. I had a check to see if they still had them but alas out of stock...

B3FB44B9-D018-491E-A2B0-26A3CC2DB30D.jpeg

I had a quick google for it elsewhere but drew a blank. It cost £95 back then but its well made and will outlive me twice over.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very neat as always Si.
As to the table, just don't spill that super glue in that bag !or you will be in the garden.

Excuse me while I ask 570 as question.
Looking good Si.

Yours.
Paul Hollingwood
Excuse me how come I don't get an invite too ! :cold-sweat::cold-sweat::cold-sweat:
Is it because you didn't get a doughnut ?

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very neat as always Si.
As to the table, just don't spill that super glue in that bag !or you will be in the garden.

Cheers John, you wouldn’t of said neat earlier... I had to tidy up as I made a hell of a mess with the glue down one side and left a dirty great finger print on it too :smiling5:

That’s not superglue in the bag. It’s actually a weird glue from China that Rochelle’s uses for the model buildings she has been doing...
976D362E-373E-469E-9567-546AB0AC4795.jpeg5CD93163-AFAD-432B-9266-5F07F736C71A.jpeg

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si would Rochelle like to finish mine off , that is brilliant. Is it a kit or built using imagination. Defiantly worthy of a

2020DB.jpg

Never been awarded to a none member before, but the committee were really impressed . Please pass on our congratulations.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si would Rochelle like to finish mine off , that is brilliant. Is it a kit or built using imagination. Defiantly worthy of a

View attachment 415036

Never been awarded to a none member before, but the committee were really impressed . Please pass on our congratulations.

Its great isn’t it!
Its a kit from China and you cut the fabrics and paper, stitch the pillows, add wiring etc. She really got into it and wants another from the range that she can modify the deco on.
Happy Mrs = Happy days.com:cool:

I’ll pass on your kind words :smiling4:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Its great isn’t it!
Its a kit from China and you cut the fabrics and paper, stitch the pillows, add wiring etc. She really got into it and wants another from the range that she can modify the deco on.
Happy Mrs = Happy days.com:cool:

I’ll pass on your kind words :smiling4:
Please do , don't know what Rochelle will think of the Dogs award !:worried:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Cheers John, you wouldn’t of said neat earlier... I had to tidy up as I made a hell of a mess with the glue down one side and left a dirty great finger print on it too :smiling5:

That’s not superglue in the bag. It’s actually a weird glue from China that Rochelle’s uses for the model buildings she has been doing...
View attachment 415031View attachment 415030
That's very cool. Please pass on my appreciation to your better half Si.

ATB.

Andrew

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES Si love you tank build an more so of your better halfs builds tell her very well done from jen an i
chris an jen

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A big thanks from the Mrs,
She was chuffed to receive your praise and the much coveted ‘Dogs danglies’ award from Race towers! :smiling4:

Sorry to of drifted off subject ever so slightly :thinking: :smiling5:.

More progress on the PzIII. A couple of hours at the bench saw the turret assembled.
4BCF72DD-BBD4-4F7B-A2A9-DCB5A6872A7C.jpeg39D3F991-D8A5-4098-8C43-2139E4CA4682.jpeg
C4FE840D-D4E2-43F2-9C2A-D8C1761FB41E.jpeg

So up next will be getting the supports on for the schürzen and fitting the fender supports that I missed out on one side for some reason.
I’ll probably keep the schürzen and mounts separate and put it all together once I’ve painted.

So it may now be safe to say that the kit itself is ok. Not the best I’ve built but certainly not the worst. Detail in general is good, fit of parts is reasonable, instructions are ok if not a little hard on the eye being in a small booklet, but that’s probably coz my eyes aren’t what the used to be.

Don’t Think I would class it as an easy build or particularly hard, somewhere in between.

Hope to get a bit more done tonight.
thanks for looking in :thumb2: