John
Very nice Si.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Looking fantastic now si , youd never know it was all made from cake :smiling5::smiling5:, seriously though it looks brilliant , cant wait to see the skirts on and the paint start to go on , cheers tony

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good Si!

You should get your better half to pay more pics of her work. They're a kit in their own right.

ATB

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Very nice Si.
Cheers mate :smiling4:

Looking fantastic now si , youd never know it was all made from cake :smiling5::smiling5:, seriously though it looks brilliant , cant wait to see the skirts on and the paint start to go on , cheers tony

I bet someone, somewhere has made a convincing cake tank :smiling5:
Glad you like how it’s going :thumb2:

Looking good Si!

You should get your better half to pay more pics of her work. They're a kit in their own right.

ATB

Andrew

Cheers Andrew, I’m looking forward to getting some paint on it soon.

Mrs B has done some other similar kits and has another on the go, so I’ll broach the subject with her. Although it cost me today as she found another kit she fancied doing.

These people that can’t stop buying kits.....I just don’t understand them :smiling5::smiling5::smiling5:

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Try Gerstner wooden tool/jewelry boxes. They make them down the road from me. PaulE

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Send lawyers guns & money Si. Well, maybe just money, but lots of it. They are very proud of them. The finishes are beautiful. They have a cash'n'carry sale every year in June where you can get deals on "scratch & dent" & unfinished boxes. I got an unfinished box (similar to the one on this thread) for SWBO's better jewelry some years ago that needed the drawer felt, all the brass, & wood stain done to complete it. It came w/bag'o'brass & a sheet of red felt, all for a little over $100. PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Send lawyers guns & money Si. Well, maybe just money, but lots of it. They are very proud of them. The finishes are beautiful. They have a cash'n'carry sale every year in June where you can get deals on "scratch & dent" & unfinished boxes. I got an unfinished box (similar to the one on this thread) for SWBO's better jewelry some years ago that needed the drawer felt, all the brass, & wood stain done to complete it. It came w/bag'o'brass & a sheet of red felt, all for a little over $100. PaulE

Wow your are lucky man, I’d love a fixer up as a project :thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si .
For a man that wrangles moulding machines and boilers it would a cinch, and think of the unlimited browny points you would get ! :smiling3:

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
There are some smaller bits admittedly, but compared to others kits it doesn’t look too bad....I hope :thinking:

Ahhhh....Mr Jones, I’ve been expecting you;)
You’ll be pleased to know a three tone scheme seems inevitable :nerd: According to Andy’s hobby headquarters on YouTube, he recons the kit is aimed at the easier end of the market...so link and length seem fitting and they look pretty good to be fair.
I hear you on wheel painting....them ruskies had the right idea about wheels unlike the Germans :tired: lol

Haven’t seen many Pz III’s built? I thought everyone here was sick to the teeth of anything Pz III/ IV and Tiger.....wasn’t even going to bother blogging....glad to have an interested watcher :thumb2:

Hi Bob, well I already got all the wheels glued together without any issues.
I did think they where a poor fit initially, but after a head Scratch I found It was me being daft :flushed:
Maybe you got a bad couple of Spues?

Glad to have so much interest so soon. There’s tea in the pot and cakes for the early birds, I can recommend the cherry bakewells:hungry:
View attachment 414667

Good to have you along
cheers
Si
I thought those were the wheels you had painted....
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Looking good Si.

I don't understand how some of my fellow modellers manage to keep their work areas so meticulously clean and laid out like a surgeon's table. ;) Most impressive!

....and another thing. I don't know where you live Si, but if and when we ever get the chance to all meet again at RAF Cosford's model show, you are cordially invited to bring along your most excellent cakes!

Yours.
Paul Hollingwood
His cleaner comes in after every session, although I did hear he now wears PPE, even in bed....

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Room for one more ?
Don't listen to a certain quarter about 3 part camo Si I have it on good authority that the duvett is indeed one .

Photo for discussion only, but based on an insider's information .
View attachment 414778
John,
Please tell us the names of your cute bedtime toys, with those eyes they look like a nightmare in preparation...
Mike.

Isitme

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Hello Si,
Nice to see a PzIII for a change instead of the usual PzIV, all the cakes had gone but still enjoying the build.
Mike.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Mike,
Glad your enjoying the build, although it pretty much done now.
Sorry about the lack of baked goods, think I’ve got a penguin bar at the back of the cupboard if your peckish mate ;)

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Both sides of track snipped off, cleaned up and fitted in under 2 hours.
That is definitely an improvement on these RFM Sherman HVSS tracks I’ve got. I reckon it’s taken me about that time to get all the parts off the sprues and cleaned up, now I need still to fit them all together. This Panzer III is looking ever more attractive for a near-future build :smiling3: