Si B’s 1/72 Revell Hummel

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Si. Another great build I’m going have to call you Sly Si with all the gems you’ve been hiding.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Did the bike have a happy accident or is this how it went together?

A very nice tidy build all round. I must get round to building this one myself. Always fancied doing the dot camo on this bad boy. Great to see mate

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi mate,
The bike did have an accident.....it involved alcohol :face-with-head-bandage::anguished:! Lol. The handlebars and seat where totalled but knocked up replacements.
Revell made a good job of this little beast, I’d recommend it for a thorough tweaking:smiling4:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si , love that bike and the fuel drum, great build mate.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Just landed on this Si. That is a great build!! And almost in a great scale. I've often told people that if it weren't for 1/87 scale, 1/72 would have been my scale of choice. That Cammo scheme is very well balanced and the colors, to my eyes are Juuuuust right. well done Sir. :thumb2:
Rick H.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Si

Hope you're well. Sorry but I completely missed this. That's looking very good indeed. :thumb2:

And interesting to hear it's a good kit. Perhaps my German forces are due some reinforcements!!

Keep up the good work.

Andrew

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Well Si, if I could get results like that from 'playing about' i'd be dead chuffed. I really like this. The bike is a nice touch.
Jim
Cheers Jim,
Glad you like :smiling4:. The Hummel has been on the bench for a while and I tend to do a bit then put it back. I want to add more figures and stowage to it eventually.
The PE bike is a little gem on its own but I can see some tweaks that would improve it...I got a few of these to play about with so you may see another in the future :thinking:.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
What a lovely model and diorama.Amazed at the guys who model in 1.72nd scale.
Great.
Rich
Thanks Rich,
Revell make some nice 72nd stuff and they are not expensive....give one a go, they are not as difficult as you’d think !

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Top stuff Si, snuck in under the radar nothing wrong with that sometimes wonder if that's the best way if no one knows your not committed to it ,well done mate. Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looks like I missed that first time around as well. For 1/35 that finish would be great, but in 1/72, as this one is, it’s spellbinding....marvellous work!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Top stuff Si, snuck in under the radar nothing wrong with that sometimes wonder if that's the best way if no one knows your not committed to it ,well done mate. Dave
Cheers Dave, glad you like it :smiling4:
I quite often build Stuff ’off forum‘ so to speak....then when it goes wrong no one knows:smiling5:

Hi Si
Nice job, the bike is a lovely touch.

Peter
Thanks Peter, I really liked the etch bike...I have more and plan on filling the next one out a bit to make a bit more 3D.

Si Sorry mate missed this. That is a great result love the bike and added bits.
Thanks matey, I seem to miss loads of stuff mate so not to worry!

Looks like I missed that first time around as well. For 1/35 that finish would be great, but in 1/72, as this one is, it’s spellbinding....marvellous work!
Cheers Tim,
The new airbrush helped with the smaller than usual cammo....thanks for the very kind appraisal, much appreciated :smiling4:

Reactions: JR