Si-B’s Zvezda 1/35 Tiger II (AAGB)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Great work Si! Upto your usual builds sir

John i also have the KT book, its a fantastic book and model, i have the same 1/16 KT kit so bought to go with my build (when????????) Lol

he is now doing the 1/16 pz IV and again some totaly superb detailing
Excuse us Si.
That's sounds interesting Bob, he's a great modeller and writer.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening all,

John, don’t worry mate it’s all relevant info and the chat is related to the topic so fine with me sir:nerd:

A really wet and miserable day here in the south, so following Saturday chores, I made a brew and made bit more progress today.
Filled up the rear end with exhausts, C hooks and mud flaps. Blanked off the two rectangular jack mounting positions and scratched a bit of grain into to jack block.

BE04B2AE-9953-4639-A8D9-A55A06C51137.jpeg

Added the PE bits on the deck but need to clean them up and stick some bits down again that have lifted or handled to much by me :tired:

E27CD5BA-77E1-454B-AD5F-B023CD046EE4.jpeg

So both tracks built, the hull glued down and the turret nearly completed this is very close to paint. I need to look into some tool and recovery cable clamps, maybe some PE or scratched as I plan on having next to nothing mounted on this abandoned tank.
I’ll make a list of bits to do then crack on.

41742DD2-A24C-4AA1-A78F-0B1DBEBAA701.jpeg

9294A9A4-80BD-4DB1-9BF0-58665C910E24.jpeg
47DD0F17-D28D-4E0F-AF5B-628FF90C92CD.jpeg

Hoping to get a little more done tomorrow
cheers

Last edited:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Brother Si, a friendly suggestion if I may. Since your Tiger is an October production vehicle, I thought I might remind you of the fuel venting system that was added at that time. It would be a glaring omission, being as your Tiger is going to be devoid of much of its equipment that would normally be stowed on the sides of the hull where these small but noticeable vent lines are located. If you are already aware of this, then kindly disregard. Cheers, Rick H. (I'm not a rivet counter) LOL:thinking:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Rick,

I knew there were some pipes to be added around that area but I had no idea what they were for! Thanks for the heads up, I’ll add it to my ‘to do’ list :thumb2:

First Name
Wouter
ha, the fuel vent line issue was addressed before I could mention it :smiling2: . Nice update mate, she really starts to look like a real Tiggy 2 now. Nice touch that you added the woodgrain on the block.

Another thing which is forgotten often - and I can't make it up on the photos whether it's there or not. Is the 'L' shaped piece on top of the turret in front of the cupola (I can see that the small block on which the L shaped rod was attached is on the roof of your kit). It was the commanders vane sight. Easy to add with a little piece of wire.
Tiger II roof.jpg

Keep it up bro!

Cheers

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Another thing which is forgotten often - and I can't make it up on the photos whether it's there or not. Is the 'L' shaped piece on top of the turret in front of the cupola (I can see that the small block on which the L shaped rod was attached is on the roof of your kit). It was the commanders vane sight. Easy to add with a little piece of wire.
Cheers

Cheers mate, I’ll leave that one till last...I can see me knocking it off, a lot :smiling5:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening folks....
Been a busy day here and been kept away from the bench so just a few bits done.

I had to remove and repair the large screen on the right hand side as it snagged when I took the turret off and it got mangled:tired:
it now has permanent damage, from being reshape.....but I think it adds realism if its a bit abused. That’s my excuse and I’m gonna stick with it :smiling4:

Made up the 4 fuel vent lines from copper wire, pewter strips and some punched styrene bolt heads.
i couldn’t find clear picture so guessed a bit, but think they’ll pass under paint.

4C7F5C99-AE7B-4D81-BA26-024E993836DE.jpeg

On the opposite side the same addition. Onto the engine deck and I fitted the kit lifting hooks, extinguisher and hatch closures.
Made up a PE tool clamp for the wire cutters which are going to be missing along with most of the other stuf.

059A156F-C75B-4B4D-8C75-D80B3478F258.jpeg

All Comments welcome
cheers

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice Si, liking those fuel lines with the pewter brkts, very smart.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice Si, liking those fuel lines with the pewter brkts, very smart.
Thank you John,
I quite enjoy a bit of scratchwork as long its not too drastic. The copper I have is very soft and lovely to work with :thumb2:.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks mate, between me and Wouts, we'll keep you busy with all the fiddly stuff that goes on these gigantic cats. BTW, don't forget the other half of the vane sight Wouter mentioned... two vertical sections of wire on the outside of the commanders cupola that line up with the one mounted on the turret top. Cheers, Rick H. :rolling: ( l'm still not a rivet counter) :smiling5:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks mate, between me and Wouts, we'll keep you busy with all the fiddly stuff that goes on these gigantic cats. BTW, don't forget the other half of the vane sight Wouter mentioned... two vertical sections of wire on the outside of the commanders cupola that line up with the one mounted on the turret top. Cheers, Rick H. :rolling: ( l'm still not a rivet counter) :smiling5:
Please Rick don't look at my Tiger then :smiling2::smiling2::flushed:

First Name
Wouter
Ha, I deliberately didn't mention that part. It's so small it would give me shivers lol.

Nice scratchwork mate, and I like the mangled mesh screen: it gives it some character

Cheers

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You have two good minders in your build Si and it's looking good with the added details. I have only built the T2 once a long time ago minus everything you have added of course...at the time zimmerit was already an excitement when applied. :smiling6:

Good that you separated the two naughty boys...they like each other so much that they'll be a handful together. Careful what you serve as cup cakes and donuts are lethal missiles. The lasagna looks delicious and lucky its finished, can be very messy at a fight. :tears-of-joy: I would suggest handing out raincoats for those sitting between them. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Oooooooh! That's nice! Fantastic updates mate. You really are doing a terrific job of adding the extra's. It's great to have knowledgeable people on your side helping you through the minefield of minor detailing. Looks like you could beat me to the wet stuff as I still have all those wheels to do. Keep up the great work mate

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si

Cheers Rick....not sure wether I should kiss you or slap you for giving me pointer. These fiddly bits are testing my patience :tired: :upside:lol.

Ha, I deliberately didn't mention that part. It's so small it would give me shivers lol.

Nice scratchwork mate, and I like the mangled mesh screen: it gives it some character

Cheers
Thanks mate, glad you approve of mangled screens :thumb2: might be some more damages yet with my sausage fingers :smiling5:

You have two good minders in your build Si and it's looking good with the added details. I have only built the T2 once a long time ago minus everything you have added of course...at the time zimmerit was already an excitement when applied. :smiling6:

Good that you separated the two naughty boys...they like each other so much that they'll be a handful together. Careful what you serve as cup cakes and donuts are lethal missiles. The lasagna looks delicious and lucky its finished, can be very messy at a fight. :tears-of-joy: I would suggest handing out raincoats for those sitting between them. :smiling5:

Cheers,
Richard
Cheers Richard :smiling4:. If the boys get too naughty then matron will take away toys and they'll get put on the naughty step:smiling5:

Oooooooh! That's nice! Fantastic updates mate. You really are doing a terrific job of adding the extra's. It's great to have knowledgeable people on your side helping you through the minefield of minor detailing. Looks like you could beat me to the wet stuff as I still have all those wheels to do. Keep up the great work mate
Thanks comrade,
In for a penny and all that....might as well try for a reasonable looking build and it’s a good excuse to use all the bits I’ve been filling up my tool box with over the last ten year:nerd:

Ok so another small update from tonight’s play time...

Made up lifting lugs that go on either side of the exhaust covers. And a handle for the jack block.
A12EA370-B0B8-4CA3-B63E-914CA1864B54.jpeg

At the business end I’ve added wire conduit for the Bosch headlight. Two tools clasps for the sledge hammer on the front deck and fixing positions and another tool clamp for the shovel on the hull side.
291F14A6-A611-46D8-A28E-0C9376A20A5E.jpeg

Next I need to fabricate the holders for the gun cleaning rods, recovery cables etc etc....

All comments welcome
cheers