Si B's-Meng Jagdpanther Ausf. G1

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Great paintjob and even better whitewash Si:thumb2:, love how the pics show the build-up of white gradually stepping up.:smiling4:

Hi Fernando, thanks for stopping by.
I’ve been busy tonight with stencils and unit marking, plus a bit more white here and there...I’ll get some pictures tomorrow :thumb2:

Si,
Cannot remember if I have ever built one of these, so got the deck chair unfolded and here I am.
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm! That is a super fine job on the paint and whitewash, looking forward to more and my credit card from the pain and prospect of adding one of these to the stash.
Very inspiring.
Mike.

Cheers Mike:thumb2:
If you’re seriously thinking of getting one I’d recommend it, a cracking kit. The tracks are a bit epic though with 3 parts to put together for each link:upside:

Looks good Si, you're getting there.:thumb2:
Rick H.
Thanks very much Rick:thumb2: slowly, slowly:cool:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si...apologies, not on missing this at all sorry. A great build, I'm only just getting to know about these polycaps, yes we who build old Russian stuff don't have such luxury! Think that Sturm I did had them, but can't be sure.
I have been working down the list of who I follow, having had expert tuition from the Laird of the North, but up to now I'm old a quarter way down .

I'm in, but can we go back to sunny Spain for the final section, I'm sure your parents won't mind a few more to put up.:smiling:
John.,:smiling4:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I would certainly do the white wash before weathering. However I am trying to push the boundaries of the standard weathering process's by doing more layering work. I am now looking at doing various levels of weathering in between the regular process of weathering. All in my head at the moment but hopefully I will be able to try out the theory soon. I forgot to ask if you are doing side guard panels??

Evening Steve,
The layering is something I’m playing around with too....I’m trying out enamels and I’m liking how they work. Maybe we can compare notes :nerd:
Yes mate, I will add some shurtzen panels and there are tracks to go on the rear too.

Looks good si.
Thank you Colin:thumb2:

A fine bit of so far that man. I know I'd never be able to do a winter camo scheme.
Lovely to see you Mr Day:smiling4:,
White has been my nemesis in the past so I’m grabbing it by the horns this time:cool:

Si,
You are achieving a great finish well worth the time and effort.
Cheers Scottie,
Glad you like it mate:thumb2:

Si...apologies, not on missing this at all sorry. A great build, I'm only just getting to know about these polycaps, yes we who build old Russian stuff don't have such luxury! Think that Sturm I did had them, but can't be sure.
I have been working down the list of who I follow, having had expert tuition from the Laird of the North, but up to now I'm old a quarter way down .

I'm in, but can we go back to sunny Spain for the final section, I'm sure your parents won't mind a few more to put up.:smiling:
John.,:smiling4:

Would love to be there right now, was -4c down here when I rode to work at 05:30 this morning!
I just cannot keep up with all the excellent work going on in the forum either...I barely get time to post myself!
Not to worry, that why I gave you a nudge mate:thumb2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Only just seen this one Si

Nice looking kit but those tracks look a bit of a chore

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Small inconsequential update....

So I did the unit number with the stencil but felt that the look was too pristine, so freehanded over the top. The balken cross was a dry rub transfer that I’ve started to over paint also.
The running gear got it’s first muddy wash....more to come of that!

So I’ve had a few sessions of whitewash and I’m happy with how it’s looking so far .....still a bit more to do yet.
Obviously I still have the mantlet and barrel to tackle, along with spare tracks and tool, all of which will be painted up then given the patchy white wash treatment too.E212F3E0-154B-438E-A28D-14B4D6CC2099.jpegC3E8D6D2-1BDD-4763-8219-B19404F1F457.jpegB7D39AA1-D06E-468B-B9FD-EB3F69E4410C.jpeg2AF7438C-CF98-44F4-83FE-F769927EB875.jpeg

Thanks for looking

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Si
That is looking very good. I do like the white wash now you have tweeked it.
Jim

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Have to agree with the others , white wash is good, seems very realistic looking Si.
John.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Just read through, Si and what a nice dirty looking Jagdpanther it is. It's always not over till the f...lady sings as they say so I can understand the process. The problem is always when to stop and know that it's just right.:smiling2:

I have an old Tamiya Jagdpanther and it'll never be as good as this even with new tracks added.

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thanks very much gents, this is my first serious attempt at this whitewash lark...glad you like how it’s going:smiling4:

I got to the stage where I was happy with the look of the worn white was. Painted up the side armour, tools and tracks etc.....then gave them the worn treatment.

This time I used Tamiya thinned with water (instead of X20A thinner which I used previously) and found if I got to work quickly the effect was better.

Ok enough waffles......here be Some more progress picture, F0A563ED-4C3E-4337-90CB-F8EB53414E74.jpegEA4CF6F5-12A4-4D67-8A1A-93282DBA57FD.jpeg4029C250-EE77-4BE6-92E2-92862ECFAB7D.jpeg504C73F7-ED42-48C1-B6B2-23C7BB561BE0.jpegE198904A-B695-4982-8A5C-C59FFEC02F0F.jpeg0AA7DE98-420A-420B-A3B5-EBCEFE6E248E.jpeg

Finally breaking the back of this, it’s been time consuming and I’ve not even started weathering proper:surprised:
Really like the look of the stencil/hand brushed markings:smiling4:

So I got her all sealed up ready for weathering.
All comments welcome
Cheers

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Si,
I said I liked it before, I now like it even more...
Mike

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
It is steadily turning out better at every stage, Si.

Cheers,
Richard