Si & Steve's Animal Antics GB: Oct 2019 - March 2020 Chat thread.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi all Animal Antics GBers
A serious point in amongst all the banter. This GB is incredibly popular. We haven't started yet and just consider the interest already.
My point is that with so many builds going on it will be almost impossible to give them all the attention they deserve. I will do my best to keep up but if I don't comment please understand that it is not lack of interest but lack of time.
I am sure others will feel the same.
Now back to the fun and games :smiling:
Jim

Jim is so correct! I can't even keep up with the normal stuff here, let alone a GB. I will give my best shot though. There is just too much good stuff going on all the time!!!!!!

Prost
Allen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
My my the zoo is getting packed with animal sounds...the keepers will have a hard time with waste disposal and feeding. :smiling6:

I'm adding a bear to the cages...a Tamiya 1/35th Brummbar. When I opened the box I swear I heard a sucking sound and felt a swoosh of air like in the Indiana Jones movie...

B1.jpg

Can't believe I only paid RM14 for it in those halcyon days. Should be equivalent to less than 3 Pound Sterling.

Steve and Si...my Brummbar eats fruit BTW.

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Will you be correcting it Richard or just from the box?

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Jim/Allen - I was sorry to hear that you would struggle to keep up with all the fine builds appearing in this GB. I have contacted the agency and Trixie and Tinkerbell will be with you later today Jim. Thumper and Bambi will be catching a flight tonite Allen and will be with you in the morning. They are all experienced in Windows 10, Word and Excel. For you Allen they are used to using Commodore and Spectrum also. With Bob's Stug GB starting soon just invoice me any overtime you might want them to do. Permission to carry on

That kit looks as old as me Richard. Hopefully you will work your magic on it and bring it up to scratch

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
My my the zoo is getting packed with animal sounds...the keepers will have a hard time with waste disposal and feeding. :smiling6:

I'm adding a bear to the cages...a Tamiya 1/35th Brummbar. When I opened the box I swear I heard a sucking sound and felt a swoosh of air like in the Indiana Jones movie...

View attachment 358631

Can't believe I only paid RM14 for it in those halcyon days. Should be equivalent to less than 3 Pound Sterling.

Steve and Si...my Brummbar eats fruit BTW.

Cheers,
Richard

Lucky for you Richard that the box was not full of Asps, "very dangerous", and there was a kit inside.

It must be old if you only paid Reich Mark 14 for it..............

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Stevie,
I warned you about rolling down the window in your Plymouth when you ran the motor. I also warned you about sniffing exhaust fumes!!!

Some folks just don't listen...…………..

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
As the morning sun rises above the Serengeti the early morning noises of the plains come into ear shot. The sounds of the Facarwee pygmy’s out hunting. Jumping up and down in the long grass shouting “were the Farcarwee”.

The sound of the lion, wildebeest and zebra coming into view to take on water at the waterhole.

Then a strange noise is carried over the plains by the morning breeze. It is the sound of the lesser spotted kit modeller. For they have awoken and risen to start their Animal Antics GB. There is the sound of boxes opened, instructions being flicked through and sprues being cut.

That’s right everyone – the GB has begun.

There will now follow six months of wonderful and varied themed animal modelling. Si and myself wish you all the best in your endeavours. Above all, we wish you have as much fun as you can.

Happy moggelling everyone.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
I'm glad I have my boots on!!! It was getting a bit deep there for a moment Stevie!!!

Reactions: JR

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
:smiling6::smiling6: I had a head start of 7 hours with date and time but couldn't tak advantage of it...still mucking about with the Nightfighter and Reconnaissance build.

Will you be correcting it Richard or just from the box?
Simon, I believe it will OOB. Don't fancy cutting up the superstructure although I'm covering it up with zimmerit.

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Just a quickie,

Could I ask everyone entering the GB to stick (AAGB) at the end of your thread title. This should help keeping up with updates.

cheers gents
Si

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Steve and Si, I’ll follow along for now, the bench is full at the moment for the Nightfighter and Recon GB’s builds:rolling:.

Will launch a tread as soon as a plot opens up, good luck to all!