Si & Steve's Animal Antics GB: Oct 2019 - March 2020 Chat thread.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
There are few ‘rules’ as such but we would like to point out, proper vehicle names only please, no nicknames.
If your unsure, run it by us either here or by PM to myself or Mr Jones.
Si, some clarification is needed in your group build. Can you have a look at Christian's post please. The last post on page 14.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I kept quiet as I thought the GB mod, Ian M, would pop his head in with a decision.

Christian, The Sd kfz 234/2 definitely no problem, build away :smiling4:

Although i hate to agree with Jakko, the other would technically be inaccurate for the GB. My sources suggest the 234/3 was not referred to as a Puma, it was only the 234/2 that was.

But there is no reason you can’t build and blog it for us, just under a different forum such as Armoured vehicles under construction.
I for one would love to see it being built Christian :thumb2:

Gauge1TrainsDK

SMF Supporter
First Name
Christian
Thank you for the quick replies - I have decided to switch the /3 to the Hobbyboss 2015 re-release of the 2010 Tristar "Brummbär":

One has already been admitted to the GB.

I am excited to see the quality of the parts, and look forward to be able to paint the rubber part of the wheels separately for once! Something which Tristar seems to have made possible on a consistent basis ;)

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I kept quiet as I thought the GB mod, Ian M, would pop his head in with a decision.

Christian, The Sd kfz 234/2 definitely no problem, build away :smiling4:

Although i hate to agree with Jakko, the other would technically be inaccurate for the GB. My sources suggest the 234/3 was not referred to as a Puma, it was only the 234/2 that was.

But there is no reason you can’t build and blog it for us, just under a different forum such as Armoured vehicles under construction.
I for one would love to see it being built Christian :thumb2:
Thanks for the clarification Si. Armour just isn't my thing, never mind the difference between variants !

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Im a bit late to the party but could I jump on board with a F16 Tigermeet fighting Falcon. If I get my finger out should be able to meet the deadline.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Please do!! There are lots of wingy fans on the forum so it will go down a treat. Thanks for joining in and good luck with the build

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Don't forget Mr T Si and I have a financial penalty clause in this GB. All payments to be made in the usual way via Scotties safety deposit box LOL

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Oh crap - it's nearly March already.

Looks like another GB I won't be finishing :rolling:
You’ve got about six weeks left to finish …

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
You’ve got about six weeks left to finish …

It takes Mr T that amount of time to scratch build a fire extinguisher. You can't rush the master craftsman. I'm sure he will have a few stories to tell as well LOL

Did someone say cash prize?

If there is then Si will be funding it LOL

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It takes Mr T that amount of time to scratch build a fire extinguisher.
When I read that sentence, I had a feeling that after “to” would come “work out what needs to be changed” :smiling3: