Si & Steve's Animal Antics GB: Oct 2019 - March 2020 Chat thread.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Wonderful picture Stevie,

Have you sobered up yet??? All the best to the happy couple and of course to you guys too!!! Does the new S-I-L Moggell too???

Prost auf Die Familie Jones heute!!!!!
Allen

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Top marks Si for keeping the GB thread going. Great to see some newcomers to the fray. Here is an update of the current runners and riders

Steve Jones
Si Benson
Ian (papa 695)
Allen Dewire
Mike C
Jim R
Mike Mortimore
Bob "Bowcat"
Dirk
Paul “Beowulf”
Jim (&sampson)
Peter (Stillp)
Ian m
Dave Ward
Dave (Gern)
Richard F
Peter G
Graeme C
Scottie
John Race
Peter (peterairfix)
Colin (col68)
Fernando
Colin m
Richard (Rbaker)
Brad
Mr T
Bob the stug
Chris
Peter "Toon Army"
Andy

Still plenty of time to stake your place. From Si and myself many thanks for the continued support of this GB

Wonderful picture Stevie,

Have you sobered up yet??? All the best to the happy couple and of course to you guys too!!! Does the new S-I-L Moggell too???

Prost auf Die Familie Jones heute!!!!!
Allen

The new Son in Law doesn't model but he plays golf. He just needs to let his father in law win a bit more often :smiling6:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Stevie,

One out of two ain't too shabby Bro!!! When he shouts "fore" on the course, you shout "1/35th" when he swings…….Bet you win!!!…………...

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I’m thinking I might be able to join in on this, but not sure yet with what — most likely either a Tamiya 1:48 Brewster Buffalo or their 1:35 M561 Gama Goat, both of which I’ve been wanting to build for some time now.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Eeniemineyminiemo F105 Wild Weasel, Kaman HH-43 Huskie, H129 UHU, F9F Panther, Tiger 1, Panther, Puma, Greif, Dingo, Wasp, Bronco, M-10 Wolverine, AH 6J Little Bird, Warthog, KS750 Elephant, Firefly, Tigercat, Hellcat, Bearcat, Camel, Fock wulf, Mosquito....:confounded::confounded::dizzy::dizzy::smiling6::smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
..... and a partridge in a pear tree :smiling6: :smiling5:

Decisions decisions. I am sure your build will be a great one whatever you chose

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hi Richard,

Sorry to spoil your fun, but Focke-Wulf is not an animal. It is the company that made airplanes and was founded by Heinrich Focke and Georg Wulf. They built the FW 190 designed by Kurt Tank and other aircraft too....

You still have a huge selection to choose from though!!!

Prost
Allen

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Allen, no worries thought the Wulf was wolf in German :tears-of-joy: I still have more than ten ladies dancing to choose till the single partridge in the pear tree.

There is a strong possibility it might be the Kaman HH-43 Huskie because of its oddity and being a helicopter. The spelling of Huskie might throw it off.:thinking:

Cheers,
Richard

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sorry to spoil your fun, but Focke-Wulf is not an animal. It is the company that made airplanes and was founded by Heinrich Focke and Georg Wulf. They built the FW 190 designed by Kurt Tank and other aircraft too....

however they had a habit, going back to the mid 20s, of naming their aircraft after birds

the 190 was shrike, the 200 was condor, 189 was owl......the 154 was a glitch cos it was mosquito lol

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Paul, not only was the mosquito a glitch, their He117 was half bird half lion...Greif or Griffin. :smiling3: I have the Greif and Condor to choose from too d... it!

Cheers,
Richard

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Hi Allen, no worries thought the Wulf was wolf in German :tears-of-joy:
That would be Wolf, as in:—

wolf-garten-a370-e-elektrische-grasmaaier-7.jpg

:smiling3:

There is a strong possibility it might be the Kaman HH-43 Huskie because of its oddity and being a helicopter. The spelling of Huskie might throw it off.:thinking:
I have a sneaking suspicion that “Huskie” here refers to Eskimos (or Inuit, the more PC term in the USA), since “Husky” is originally a shortened form of “Huskimo” that these people were often called in English way back when. American military helicopters are almost invariably named after Native American peoples, and I’d be surprised if the HH-43 was named after the dog that was named after the people, rather than after the people directly. However, the rules say must be an animal link, not that the subject must have an animal’s name

Looked and looked, even waiting for country file to get back to me

Not one bloody creature called a -------- Stug, bugger !!!
Are you seriously saying you can’t link a StuG to an animal? Not even this variant?

StuG_III_G_Zimmerit_Saukopf_Museum2.jpg

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul, not only was the mosquito a glitch, their He117 was half bird half lion...Greif or Griffin. :smiling3: I have the Greif and Condor to choose from too d... it!

Cheers,
Richard

erm...the He177 was Heinkel not FW

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
That would be Wolf, as in:—

View attachment 354840

:smiling3:

I have a sneaking suspicion that “Huskie” here refers to Eskimos (or Inuit, the more PC term in the USA), since “Husky” is originally a shortened form of “Huskimo” that these people were often called in English way back when. American military helicopters are almost invariably named after Native American peoples, and I’d be surprised if the HH-43 was named after the dog that was named after the people, rather than after the people directly. However, the rules say must be an animal link, not that the subject must have an animal’s name

Are you seriously saying you can’t link a StuG to an animal? Not even this variant?

View attachment 354841
What's that Jakko? The caption is too small to read.
Pete

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Since Peter is going for a Lynx too, I’m changing my subjects to a Tomcat and a whale in white for more variety in the GB:smiling4:.
Nice to have a zoo as a stash:smiling5:.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
What's that Jakko? The caption is too small to read.

I believe he's referring to the "Saukopf" (pig's head) mantlet on the StuG III. It was also used on the StuG IV. I was designed to deflect AT shots. It was called that because it looked like a pig's head with snout…...