Si & Steve's Animal Antics GB: Oct 2019 - March 2020 Chat thread.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Folks! Befor I hand this over to Si & Steve, just a reminder of the few Forum Rules for GB builds.
1; No building before the start date
2; Box top and sprue shots of all kits to be posted as early as possible, preferably in you opening post.
3; Have fun and play nice together.

Right that out of the way it over to Si and Steve to make the formal intro to the build.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Good morning Comrades,

Firstly let me say a big thank you to everyone that has so far agreed to join our GB and thanks to Ian for his assistance in setting us in the correct direction...we will try our best to stay on track :smiling4:

The current list of participants is as follows......
  • Steve Jones
  • Si Benson
  • Ian (papa 695)
  • Allen Dewire
  • Mike C
  • Jim R
  • Mike Mortimore
  • Bob "Bowcat"
  • Dirk
  • Paul “Beowulf”
  • Jim (&sampson)
  • Peter (Stillp)
  • Dave Ward
  • Dave (Gern)
  • Richard F
  • Peter G
As we have been fully sanction, finger printed and inoculated, anyone can join in as long as the criteria is met.
So for those not in the know the Criteria are as follows...

Your entry can be any genre any scale. It can be a vehicle, airplane, boat, train, speedboat whatever....but here’s the catch, there must be an animal link.

So from the straightforward Tiger tank to something like a Lynx helicopter. Doesn’t even need to be military as long as it’s a man made vehicle.

There are few ‘rules’ as such but we would like to point out, proper vehicle names only please, no nicknames.
If your unsure, run it by us either here or by PM to myself or Mr Jones.

As ever we aim to make this enjoyable for everyone involved so a bit of banter is not just ok, but essential!
keep it clean though folks and be respectful to one another.

You have plenty of time to choose something as we’re not running until the 1st October and ending March 29th 2020.

Thanks again
Si B

Last edited by a moderator:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Can you add me to the list I will either be doing a jaguar or a harrier

Morning Peter,
Good to have you along :thumb2:

Before we kick off in October I will create a new list of participants. This will act as a reminder too:smiling4:
Cheers
Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Morn Si,

Don't worry, I'll help John find something for this GB. One note though, could you please correct the spelling of my last name. I don't know who that guy is...……….

Prost
Allen
Sorted that for you Mr. Dewire. Ian m

Last edited by a moderator:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morn Si,

Don't worry, I'll help John find something for this GB. One note though, could you please correct the spelling of my last name. I don't know that guy is...……….

Prost
Allen

Morning Allen,
I’m sure between us we can help JR find some thing!
Very sorry for Steve’s spelling mistake.....I just coppied and pasted what he writted....my speling is phantastik so you kant blame meee:blow-kiss-2::smiling5:

I have amended it for you dear :smiling4:

Si

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Thanks Honey,

So I guess my sending JR a set of friul Panther tracks to build for the GB is a no-go then huh??? I'll have to dig a little deeper after a lie down. This man flu has just about killed me and I gotta rest now...…….

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Great to be on the official Animal sanctioned chat thread. Lots of time to eenie miney miny moe and choose the subject I want for the GB. OOh... luscious am I, got to get to the parlour and get my nails done. The last build has ruined them with paint and scalpel cuts.

Thanks Honey,

So I guess my sending JR a set of friul Panther tracks to build for the GB is a no-go then huh??? I'll have to dig a little deeper after a lie down. This man flu has just about killed me and I gotta rest now...…….

Allen, take good care of that flu. John makes a strong chicken soup. Over here we take hot peppery pork liver intestine soup to clear the head cold, nothing like fighting fire with fire as the Chinese say.

Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
As we have been fully sanctioned
Did you mean sectioned - as in "Having been committed compulsorily to a psychiatric hospital in accordance with a section of a mental health act." Sounds about right looking at the list of participants :tongue-out3:

My contribution will be a Dragon 1/72 Tiger I but with a twist to make it less boring - that is unless I change my mind before the start date :rolling:
Jim

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Good afternoon all,
I have decided that 2019 is the year I fully get to grips with photo etch, this GB's timescale gives me time to start learning with a slightly smaller project but here will be my entry into this GB.
regards Jim

Last edited:
First Name
colin
can I play please?I have a couple of subjects that fit the bill

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Thanks Honey,

Oh, you poor old fart man.
Get some rest....we will send matron over to check on you! I’ll have to warn you that the bed baths have gone down hill lately!

Great to be on the official Animal sanctioned chat thread. Lots of time to eenie miney miny moe and choose the subject I want for the GB. OOh... luscious am I, got to get to the parlour and get my nails done. The last build has ruined them with paint and scalpel cuts.

Allen, take good care of that flu. John makes a strong chicken soup. Over here we take hot peppery pork liver intestine soup to clear the head cold, nothing like fighting fire with fire as the Chinese say.

Cheers,
Richard

Glad your getting your nails sorted before we get going...don’t want you looking a mess do we! Soup sounds lovely Richard:flushed:

Did you mean sectioned - as in "Having been committed compulsorily to a psychiatric hospital in accordance with a section of a mental health act." Sounds about right looking at the list of participants :tongue-out3:

My contribution will be a Dragon 1/72 Tiger I but with a twist to make it less boring - that is unless I change my mind before the start date :rolling:
Jim

Afternoon Jim,
Sectioned or sanctioned, all the same to me and Steve :tongue-out3:
Nothing Boring about a Tiger in my book...intrigued to see what the twist will be! Don’t forget we got a 6 month time frame so if you want to do a couple of small builds or big your more than welcome.

Good afternoon all,
I have decided that 2019 is the year I fully get to grips with photo etch, this GB's timescale gives me time to start learning with a slightly smaller project but here will be my entry into this GB.
View attachment 330035
regards Jim

Hi Jim,
Now that’s another build I’m interested to see. Got one of these and a nashorn in the stash.
Roll on October :thumb2:

can I play please?I have a couple of subjects that fit the bill

Hi Colin,
Of course you can join in mate....everyone is welcome. Plenty of time still so have a think and let us know :thumb2:

Cheers
Si

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Si and Steve, you can add me to the list too.

This GB is a great incentive to build that Lynx helo I’ve got and maybe more as the stash is a little zoo on its own.:smiling:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks Honey,

Dude 1 I know your ill and confined to the flat , but I have posted that I'm attempting to build something called a Tiger, some German tank that according to some modellers is the dogs. :smiling3::nerd:
Dude 2

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
You missed me off the list Si!
Now I just have to decide which one of the many kits I'm going to do.:confused:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Dude 2,

And just where did you post this information??????????

Ian, Thanks for the correction. The kids today take forever, If they remember at all………..

Back to bed...……….

Reactions: JR

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Si and Steve, you can add me to the list too.

This GB is a great incentive to build that Lynx helo I’ve got and maybe more as the stash is a little zoo on its own.:smiling:

Hi Fernando,
Great to have you in with the gb. I think my stash is also a zoo:smiling5:

Dude 1 I know your ill and confined to the flat , but I have posted that I'm attempting to build something called a Tiger, some German tank that according to some modellers is the dogs. :smiling3::nerd:
Dude 2

:smiling5:...the poor chaps not with it John :astonished:

You missed me off the list Si!
Now I just have to decide which one of the many kits I'm going to do.:confused:

Sorry Graeme,
You’ll slowly realise that any mistakes on hosting the GB chat thread are entirely Steve’s fault....so feel free to send him an abrupt email:smiling4: I’ll make sure you make the list my friend:thumb2: