Si & Steve's Animal Antics GB: Oct 2019 - March 2020 Chat thread.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
There now follows a partly porta-potty announcement......:upside:

All GB participants are advised to keep calm and don’t panic. There are now 18 of your earth days before commencement of the Animal antics GB.

There is still time to pick up a puma, grab a gama goat, shop for a scorpion or buy a barracuda:cool:

So wipe down your cutting mate, stick a fresh blade in your knife, check the glue smells fresh, prepare your pyrotechnics and batten down the cat! .....actually, maybe don’t do the glue thing:smiling5:

Looking forward to see you there:cool:

And that ends our message for tonight......:tongue-out2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
I’m doing this by the way.....

E755FD3E-E09B-4412-8E3E-0E0CDF6478B1.jpeg

....it’s a rebox of a dragon kit. Zvezda don’t supply any photo etch for the rear deck grills so I’ve got a set coming. Need to do some research to decide how to build this best.

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Blimey, not long and I already have too many builds on the go!

Looks like my Tiger is not the best detailed being derived from an R/C kit

I have ordered a turned barrel for it but everything else will need to be scratch built

Hmmm, already has the signs of another that will not get done on time

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, still stuck with my choices. Just want to find out if anyone has built a Bearcat? I know that the GB is almost 6 months long but I'd like to do something simple. I have a Tigercat by AMT and the cockpit is basically empty...get it AMT...empty...get it ala Leo Getz (Joe Pesci) in Lethal Weapon. So not doing that...lots of work.

How about a Kingfisher? The Monogram kit at least has a cockpit interior but raised panel lines. Come to think of it the Bearcat also has raised panel lines. Just checking out my Revell Mossie B Mk.IV but no decal sheet for a US PRU F8....decisions...decisions :thinking:

Cheers,
Richard

Reactions: JR

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Richard,
don't just stick to English! I'm doing a Kfir ( Lion Cub ), there must be others in your stash with non-english names..................
Dave

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Please do Mark. It would be great to see you part of the GB and see your work. Good luck with the builds

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Richard,
don't just stick to English! I'm doing a Kfir ( Lion Cub ), there must be others in your stash with non-english names..................
Dave

That's a thought Dave. I didn't know that Marder translates to Marten which is some sort of Weasel. I have two of those, Marder II and Marder III both Tamiya. I have Rommels Grief. The Wespe is already constructed halfway. I have a Hummel which I didn't know is a Bumblebee, also a Nashorn(Rhino). These are all opened fighting compartments and since I just completed a Geschutzwagen, not doing another yet. A Panther G is also constructed but not prepared for painting yet. A Tiger I late is in the midst of painting. An Elephant is constructed but is halfway on zimmerit application replacement (applied the wrong type of pattern).

Perhaps a Brumbar(Bear), the old Tammy one which needs working with zimmerit. The hull seems easy enough, just have to get past the numerous road wheels the second time if I'm to this after the StugIV for the Stug GB.

For planes I have the He 177 Greif Bomber and the Focke-Wulf Fw 189 Uhu. The Fw 200 Condor is just too big a project and so is the Greif. The Me 262 Schwalbe was potential but it's been done here. Initially I was going to do the Fw189 but was already heavy on aircraft building.

Well 15 days more lots of time to decide...no need to push the panic button as yet. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
That's a thought Dave. I didn't know that Marder translates to Marten which is some sort of Weasel. I have two of those, Marder II and Marder III both Tamiya. I have Rommels Grief. The Wespe is already constructed halfway. I have a Hummel which I didn't know is a Bumblebee, also a Nashorn(Rhino). These are all opened fighting compartments and since I just completed a Geschutzwagen, not doing another yet. A Panther G is also constructed but not prepared for painting yet. A Tiger I late is in the midst of painting. An Elephant is constructed but is halfway on zimmerit application replacement (applied the wrong type of pattern).

Perhaps a Brumbar(Bear), the old Tammy one which needs working with zimmerit. The hull seems easy enough, just have to get past the numerous road wheels the second time if I'm to this after the StugIV for the Stug GB.

For planes I have the He 177 Greif Bomber and the Focke-Wulf Fw 189 Uhu. The Fw 200 Condor is just too big a project and so is the Greif. The Me 262 Schwalbe was potential but it's been done here. Initially I was going to do the Fw189 but was already heavy on aircraft building.

Well 15 days more lots of time to decide...no need to push the panic button as yet. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

No wonder your having a hard time deciding with that lot to choose from Richard:surprised: I’m hoping to get more than one built for the GB as it’s a nice long time scale:thumb2:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John

Cheers,
Richard
You've got a very large bench out there in the tropics Richard, with so many on the go. I'm impressed:flushed::smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Guys, the dilemma I have is the same with most modelers who've been buying faster than they can build. The GB topic is so wide open you just can't miss anything in the stash. I only wished this coincided with my Walrus build. :tears-of-joy:. I have to pick wisely so I still have time to build my other projects for next years competition.

Cheers,
Richard

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Yes, just looking around I can see a Tiger, a Hornet, Mustang, Harrier, Mosquito...
Plenty of choice, but I'll start with the Mustang.
Pete