Sick as a pig

S

SteveTopp

I’m building a Tamika Panzer 4 and I’ve lost the canon and mantelet, no blame attached but I’m sure it was the wife. I can build something I’m sure and I’m thinking command tank but I can’t find anything on the interweb so any ideas

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve,
All is not lost which kit is it, as aftermarket companies do some of the barrels and part of the mantlet also there are other options like a bergepaner IV or munitions panzer IV.
regards Jim

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
You could loose the turret completely and go for a berg panzer
Scottie

S

SteveTopp

Thanks for the replies but I’m from Yorkshire and it will be a Panzer 4 without extra cost

Jim F

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Steve,
To convert a panzer iv to a bergepaner iv can be a free conversion, you leave the turret off and use plastic card or similar to blank off the hole scored with a knife and made to look like wood, the munitions panzer iv is the same you just would not bother with extra tools.You may find someone who has a spare gun and mantlet but they will need to know wether it is short or long barreled and what parts of the mantlet you are missing.
regards Jim

S

SteveTopp

Cheers Jim I think I will go with the Bergepanzer some of the examples I have found are very interesting