SIG Demoiselle

F

FS Gilbert

This really is one of the best bargains out there. For approx. $50 you get a plane that will fly at a walking speed in a small area. Very cheap to set up with GWS components and it will fly on a 300 maH 6 cell NiMh for 8 min.

View attachment 13327

IMG_0030-b.jpg

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Simply delightful and loads of fun,what is the Wright Flyer in the corner of your room ?

You can literally fly these models anywhere,they are so sloooo...

F

FS Gilbert

wonwinglo, that is an "Easybuild" Wight Flyer. I haven't gotten the rest of the parts together, although they are built. The kit was/is a printwood type. So I decided to do the trailing edge with some realism....pic to follow.

FS

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
***I just love Wright Flyers,yes please to the pictures.

I used thin thread on my free flight example with the tissue wrapped arond.

2201c830.jpg

FSG,thought that you would like to see my two Wright Flyers,they both fly beautifully in dead still air,during the Wright celebrations I used them in talks to schoolchildren on the origins of flight,setting up the foreplane is the secret in trimming this one.

wonwinglo, that is an "Easybuild" Wight Flyer. I haven't gotten the rest of the parts together, although they are built. The kit was/is a printwood type. So I decided to do the trailing edge with some realism....pic to follow.FS

F

FS Gilbert

Obviously the top wing "took" a bit better. I did the bot first trying to get the feel for the shrinking. I think in the future I would use very light weight wire to get the pronounced effect and help maintain the curve. The thread was just too "iffy" and very hard to glue into position.

I hadn't done tissue and dope since the late 50's, so it was a challenge to try that method again. For the future...NOT! There is a covering available that has adhesive and weighs less the T&D (Risteen, available from Skyhooks & Rigging). Litespan would also fit the bill here, due to the new forms of Li-po's that help keep the weight down.

By the by, Barry, lovely Wright's. I bet they fly as good as they look.

FS

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
They certainly do fly well FSG,by the way a few warps and sags in a Wright are fine,the real ones suffered in this department also,fabricwork had not yet been perfected.

There is a Wright Flyer kite in the local model shop.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
*** Next time FSG try micro fine carbon rod,it is light,sticks well with cyno,strong and gives a slight bow when doped up,you have not made a bad job of the doping considering the time gap.

Obviously the top wing "took" a bit better. I did the bot first trying to get the feel for the shrinking. I think in the future I would use very light weight wire to get the pronounced effect and help maintain the curve. The thread was just too "iffy" and very hard to glue into position.I hadn't done tissue and dope since the late 50's, so it was a challenge to try that method again. For the future...NOT! There is a covering available that has adhesive and weighs less the T&D (Risteen, available from Skyhooks & Rigging). Litespan would also fit the bill here, due to the new forms of Li-po's that help keep the weight down.

By the by, Barry, lovely Wright's. I bet they fly as good as they look.

FS