Simon T Memorial GB: Nov-Feb 2020. Chat thread

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I think that he’ll melt the alternator as soon as he turns that lot on....and that trunking is going to give some serious bass extension.....

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ah, that will be it then. I saw fury road and thought it was very dull so it obviously hasn’t stuck in my memory.... Thunderdome it ain’t.....interesting build though....

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Thunderdome should be on telly tonight, the first two films have been on over the last two nights.
Ah, that will be it then. I saw fury road and thought it was very dull so it obviously hasn’t stuck in my memory.... Thunderdome it ain’t.....interesting build though....

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi all
Wonderful to see so many of you taking part in this tribute to our friend.
I got an email from Simon's sisters today

Hi Jim

Just looked at the forum and seen the group build - what a lovely idea. Please thank everyone for us for their kind words about Si and for joining in - a perfect tribute.

Sal and Jo

They are not able to see the thread " Simon T - a very sad announcement " as that is supporters only. I have however kept them informed as to the heartfelt messages you have posted there.

Jim

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
They are not able to see the thread " Simon T - a very sad announcement " as that is supporters only. I have however kept them informed as to the heartfelt messages you have posted there.
If an admin (paging @Ian M, @John) resets Simon’s password and mails it to his sisters, they can log in on his account and actually read the thread. (I suppose you, Jim R, would have to supply their address, or the mod could send you the new password and you could mail it on.)

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Jim. Thanks for posting that from Simon’s Sister’s. Tell them we all owe him a debt of gratitude for what he has done for us and the Forum. This is our way to show it and always keep him close to us and pay our respects to him. Thanks Jim.

Ralph. It’s ok to stay in that comfort zone I stay there 99% of the time.

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
langy71. I’ll add you to the list. I don’t quite understand what your saying about being in line but start time for this Nov. 1 and no sooner. Thanks

Reactions: JR

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
langy71. I’ll add you to the list. I don’t quite understand what your saying about being in line but start time for this Nov. 1 and no sooner. Thanks

I was originally gonna hold this in 'my queue' for a while and build a couple of Bandai Star Wars kits', but it seemed fitting to 'jump it up' and join the GB with it..

Lee Drennen

SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
I was originally gonna hold this in 'my queue' for a while and build a couple of Bandai Star Wars kits', but it seemed fitting to 'jump it up' and join the GB with it..
Ok I was thinking that’s what you meant to bump it up to the front of your build line. Thanks

Reactions: JR

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Though as I mentioned in Simons "Does my bum look big in this" thread I had been eying up the same mech for a while, alongside this one.
mech.jpg
So have just pulled the trigger and ordered it as a big nod to Simons last build.
The T-60 may still go ahead as well.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Before Simon passed away he bought 2 kits from me, they was delivered the day he passed, if anyone has either of them it would be a fitting tribute to build them.
1/35 M-18 Hellcat Airfix A1371
1/72 BMP3 Infantry Fighting Vehicle With Cage Armour Model Collect UA72179
Hi John, the M-18 Hellcat is a reboxed Academy kit I think. I have one half finished meaning its in mothball but waiting for paint, weathering and detailing with equipment. If Lee's ok with it, I'd like to finish it instead of the Skua as its armor and it gets finished within the GB timeline something Simon always had trouble with.
It has its fair share of mods and corrections in keeping with tradition. :smiling4:

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
I’ve been kicking around the idea of building this for some time now:
View attachment 400246
It’ll require an awful lot of scratch building, and a bit of cut’n shut as my donor MAN truck is a 6-wheeler, not 8, but I reckon Si would have approved.
(I may even tackle a bit of resin-casting for this too...)
I finally know what it is!!

"Hard of hearing, miss the postman, was that the cat or a fart"?

New from the NHS, the atomic hearing aid. No batteries needed, just diesel