Simon T Memorial GB: Nov-Feb 2020. Chat thread

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You scared JR? Maybe it’s best I’m sure it will have 4BO in the reply
Well I was the least surprised that he has shown a StuG, I mean what else could he possibly build. No I wasn't going to cause him nightmares thinking of a StuG that beautiful colour.:smiling3:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi, even as a mothballed kit, the Hellcat is only 40% finished if you include installing the details like the stowage, mantlet water proofing, accessories and painting and weathering. I have left the turret detachable for painting the exposed interior. Here's what it looks like dismantled with a whole sprue to add the accessories...no PE or resin as I'm going to do the Simon thingy of scratching and improvising.

H6.jpg

What you don't see above is the unseen stuff like two part putty, gauze, tissue, white glue, CA, wire, driveway dirt, pewter but in this case I will be using copper sheet and one or two drops of blood if I'm not careful.

I hope this makes the finish line.

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A 4BO StuG, 4 BO good god Mr Race you know how to hurt!!!!!!

Planning to correct the faults and add lots of spare wheels, tracks etc. Not based on a picture but a few.

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Late as usual... but I made up my mind on what to build for this very special GB (my first GB, by the way) and after a prolonged and almost unfathomable thinking (if thinking is the due word to describe what my grey matter so strenuously strives to do ... ;)) the winner is...
IMG_6528.JPG
I think I will paint it like the one below
2198-12_056-PI_16.JPG
That peculiar veihicle has a special meaning to me, so I think it's the right choice for this memorial GB.
Andrea.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Late as usual... but I made up my mind on what to build for this very special GB (my first GB, by the way) and after a prolonged and almost unfathomable thinking (if thinking is the due word to describe what my grey matter so strenuously strives to do ... ;)) the winner is...
View attachment 400771
I think I will paint it like the one below
View attachment 400773
That peculiar veihicle has a special meaning to me, so I think it's the right choice for this memorial GB.
Andrea.
Great choice Andrea, will look good in that paint scheme, and different too.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI GUYS well i dont want you all to think i wont remember Si as im not building kits so cant take part in this G/B but as i exsplained to Lee i was building tiger 's bridge when Si passed on. So for my tribute to Si is the bridge build part of tiger wil be my tribute to him so when ever i look at it an for all you chaps please think of Si i hope you all approve
chris

Last edited:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
This my choice for resurrection of another old kit that i started back when I was very very very very young,,, (I’m sure the rabble will contain themselves with the old man jokes...but maybe not)

put this kit back in the box apparently and it’s not seen daylight until now... much needed detailing and scratchery to comeView attachment 400412View attachment 400413
This brings back memories of my teens.From 13 onwards i adored Tamiya kits and when i got Francois Verlindens on target on Tigers i knew i had to do this kit!!!.Nice one fella.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
You may be a little surprised, but thought a second build was required so :cool::thumb2:

View attachment 400758

bought a load of extras, will post a lot more info on the start date

bob
A wise choice Mr Stugmeister.I was on youtube other night and saw Panzermeister36 doing his panzer stuff.Incredible work he does.
Rich

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I got this cheap off e.bay.Bit of a Leopard fanatic as Bob is to Stugs,John for Russisn and pyrotechics hehe.Think i might do a Simon and try and throw some Eduard etch at this and Resin.Aim to do an Australian version with some stuff my friend got me in the 90s!!.Yep had the sets that long!!!.WARNING im not great with etch and there could be much foul language so ear defenders are mandatory.
Pip pip onk onk peeps.
Rich20201017_100824.jpg