Simon T Memorial GB: Nov-Feb 2020. Chat thread

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Dear Gang.
I want to personally thank each of you for joining the Simon GB. Whether you finished or not thank you for your thoughts of Simon. Simon really never finished a lot of builds so those of you like me that never finished the GB it’s OK I’m sure Simon would understand. On a personal note Thank You All for your support last Fall when I got sick with this dreadful virus. I’m doing much better now but still not myself and I really don’t see me being the person I was before COVID-19. I hope some day to start another GB soon but I won’t till my mojo is 100%. Thank you.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Dear Gang.
I want to personally thank each of you for joining the Simon GB. Whether you finished or not thank you for your thoughts of Simon. Simon really never finished a lot of builds so those of you like me that never finished the GB it’s OK I’m sure Simon would understand. On a personal note Thank You All for your support last Fall when I got sick with this dreadful virus. I’m doing much better now but still not myself and I really don’t see me being the person I was before COVID-19. I hope some day to start another GB soon but I won’t till my mojo is 100%. Thank you.
You did a fine job pulling this together Lee. :thumb2:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I found the support for this GB quite moving, the amount of people that joined in overwhelming and the results outstanding.
I hope that all that have started something in this carry on and complete their work.
Although GB's here have a start and end dates, we have never closed one off at the end as we all know life gets in the way and deadlines creep up unexpected.
So please carry on. Just no more new projects please.

Well done Lee and all that took part.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well done Lee. Appreciate you pulling us all together on this one despite your own personal hardships. Happy modelling my friend
DITTO as steve said an my tribute to Si was an is my tiger bridge build an im still at it as cant do anymore till warmer wheather so cant spray paint it but i remember Si by reading his mad wabbit build as ive now read it 3 times as it was so funny as poor Si whenever he build that physko wabbit his ears or arms an the girl kept fallin apart but he kept battleling at it an dint give up an glad to hear lee that you feel better an lets hope you get to your 100%
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Lee.
Thankyou for all your efforts on this GB. Don’t worry about running another, concentrate on getting your health back. Covid is a nasty illness that can have lasting and debilitating effects, both mental and physical. One day something will tempt you back to building models, but until then just keep in touch and enjoy life.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Lee
Glad you're on the mend. Many,many lives have been affected by this virus. Lets hope that from now on we can start to get back to some sort of normality.
Thanks for overseeing the Simon T Tribute GB. I suppose if we were going to be true to Simon's memory none of us should have finished :tongue-out3:
Jim

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Hey Lee,

I'm with the others here and say thank you very much for running this GB. You have been through hell lee, so please take it easy and get back to good health my friend. In tribute to Simon and keeping up with his ways, I am also not finished with my project....

Prost auf Dich
Allen

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Lee,
A big thank you from me as well and as everyone has stated get well and take care of yourself before hitting the bench again. The MOJO will be back when you are up to it.