SimonT - 1/24 Abandoned Mini

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Cheers Scottie

Did some more work on this - added the other shoe return spring then made the wheel hub with bolts which nicely covers up most of the internal detail :rolling:

Added a few bits to the sub frame to fill in missing bits of the kit pieces

Just found that I forgot to take pictures of it :smiling4:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
You never change Simon, the only person I know to go to this amount of insane detailing on a build. Must be the water up there !

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
...must try harder......so I did

mini-079_2020-7-7.jpg
thinking about it logically watchmakers, that these small tap and die sets are aimed at, don't work in plastic so I tried it with some brass wire instead

Success

Replaced the plastic studs with brass ones all having a threaded end section

the thread is 0.7mm - it is so fine it will probably vanish under paint :smiling5: oh well

mini-078_2020-7-7.jpg
while I was at it I also added the Schrader valves on the rear of the sub frame - these are used to pump in, or pump out, the hydrolastic suspension fluid (rather nice looking fluorescent green liquid) at great pressure

added the hydrolastic pipes that run from the Schrader valves into the hydro displacer units housed in the sub frame using 1mm lead wire

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
My gob is well and truly smacked although I shouldn't be surprised given your track record for this sort of scratch work.
Jim

Reactions: JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks Paul

Ian
- thank you, could have done with you marking my 'A' levels :smiling5:

Neil - you are more than welcome, thanks for following

Scottie - I've owned real ones that were nearly as rusty that still started :smiling5: Unfortunately the big bad MOT man refused to let me drive them for some reason:thinking:

Jim - thanks. Luckily, having owned a few over the years, I can still more remember what a lot of it should look like which helps

mini-081_2020-7-8.jpg
added the radius arm fixings last night - still need grease nipple adding

mini-080_2020-7-8.jpg
and the rear subframe mounting pins - looks like they will need a bit of tidying once the VJ filler sets!

Graeme C.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Graeme
You're going to add a GREASE NIPPLE? That is extreme detailing Simon, cracking build.:thumb2: