SimonT - 1/35 Miniart Dingo - Rons Recon GB

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very smart Simon.
Those ropes look realistically tight, do you apply ca to them or some other strange concoction, like bats blood. ?

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John - ran out of bats blood so had to use a small drop of CA wherever the rope touches something
dingo-096_2020-1-4.jpg
Start off by tying the 'rope' to your base point, in this case the roof support bar - add a drop of CA to the knot so it can't work loose

I then ran it through the sand channel, over the crate and down to the tie down on the engine deck - pull tight and add a drop of CA where it passes through the sand channel and where it touches the crate

You just keep going like that - run rope to next object or tie down, pull tight, add drop of CA to rope where it touches something etc etc

Pulling tight and CA'ing as you go should result in a set of tight ropes

Hope that helps

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ah, then I was doing it right, thank you.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Had another nice catch up Mr T. As Scottie says you are certainly getting to grips with these new fangled paint and weathering processes. Keep up the great work.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Had another nice catch up Mr T. As Scottie says you are certainly getting to grips with these new fangled paint and weathering processes. Keep up the great work.
Steve that are old black magic recipes in a modern form. Grounddown bats droppings, oxes blood for rust and the skin of Adder.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Peter, John, Si, Steve, John again - thanks, I think it is starting to get there now

Have been doing little bits here and there over the last few days

Managed to drop it yet again - drivers right side vision hatch detached as a result and awaiting repair :rolling:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Simon you butter fingers...get a grip of things, you've done so much to ruin it. We're so close to a rare finish...looking real good and top notch as usual.

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks Richard - still need to fix the damage :smiling4: will try not to drop it again

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Looking great. As Richard says try not to drop it again. I think the models we make are fragile and awkward to hold and so far too often we don't hold them securely for fear of damaging them - then we drop them!! :rolling:
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Simon
Looking great. As Richard says try not to drop it again. I think the models we make are fragile and awkward to hold and so far too often we don't hold them securely for fear of damaging them - then we drop them!! :rolling:
Jim
I know I've done a few kamikazies...they just up and fell on their own accord. :tears-of-joy: Actually a few were saved with crazy juggling...rather have a few broken aerials than a nose hard landing on the hard floor just watching it disintegrate into pieces.

Cheers,
Richard

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
My scale is very small & light so an errant sleeve or shirt tail can easily clear the bench of WsIP. I've experimented w/adding wheel balancing weights to some models in order to give them some heft. This helps in holding & working the model but causes catastrophic damage when dropped or bumped aggressively. I no longer add weight but depend on my bench apron to catch them if dropped as I've found my "crazy juggling" just adds to the damage. PaulE

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice tweeking Mr T. The sleepapnia is certainly not effecting the quality of your work

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Really looking excellent. What is going on here - watercolour pencil? What are those dumb bell things?
dingo-102_2020-1-13.jpg
Jim