Very respectable , Mr T!
photography really is a double-edged sword, isn't it?:confounded:
cheers
Neil

NickT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nicholas
I think you've done a great job especially when you consider what it was you started with.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Well I think he looks very good especially with all the constraints attached to this. Neil is certainly right about photographing models. When you go close in and fill the frame every bit of dust and painting slip jumps out at you. Many issues are invisible to the naked eye.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Simon, I think he looks good too and is a totally different pose than what was given in the box and BOOB"ed.

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Despite your concerns about the finish I for one have really enjoyed how you have put this figure together with the limited supplies and ancient moulded figure that you had to work with.

Reactions: JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thank you all for your positive comments

After looking at it for a while I decided to try and improve the finish so it got more shading and highlights

The collar and shoulder tabs that I had forgotten have been done as has an attempt at the waffenfarbe and collar tabs

The base rubble, made from bits of the box and scrapings from my rubbish tray were supplemented with small bits of broken plant pot and wall from the garden, stuck down with MIG sand and pebble glue

The base and figure were then airbrushed with Ultra Matt varnish and dusted with pigment to tie them together

I am now calling this finished as I do not feel I can get it any better - overall not too unhappy with how it turned out considering

Here's some rather large and grainy pictures of the finished article, thanks for watching

mg-071_2020-4-28.jpgmg-072_2020-4-28.jpgmg-073_2020-4-28.jpgmg-074_2020-4-28.jpgmg-075_2020-4-28.jpgmg-076_2020-4-28.jpg

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I thought you might not leave this one alone :smiling2: Good on yer for going the extra mile. The tinkering has certainly been an improvement

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hey Simon!
He`s looking very cool in the pics,so i know for a fact that he must look a cracking piece to the naked eye:cool:! ( I had to smile to myself when i saw that you`d counted every 4th round in the belt for the "Red Tip" treatment!)
Good stuff mate,he really does look good.........and,as one myself currently struggling to get a decent result on figures,i can also say........
I FEEL YOUR PAIN!!!!:thumb2:
Andy

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Sterling effort. Top silkpursery. PaulE

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
.......part two, the saga continues

I cut away the moulded gas mask strap and scraped the various uniform details to sharpen things up as far as possible

View attachment 379586
View attachment 379581
View attachment 379582
View attachment 379583
View attachment 379584
View attachment 379586
added the gas mask case and water bottle then added the various straps and belt clips from more sprue card
added strap to side of gas mask case

added D rings to the Y straps from more sprue

sanded one of the kit ammo belts thinner then sawed between each round and draped it over his shoulder

View attachment 379588
carved out the inside of a helmet to thin down the rim

added rivets on the outside from sprue

View attachment 379589
View attachment 379587
the kit ammo boxes are both moulded open and lack detail

View attachment 379590
had to chop and sand

View attachment 379591
then start to rebuild

it will need handles and clasps from sprue but I ran out of time last night
Lots of work going in but great improvement.