SimonT - 1/35th Tamiya T62 (well worn)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Another lovely update Simon. Are the bump stops staying as is or are you adding the rubbers as well?

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Joe - thank you very much

Scottie - impressive, not really, daft, definitely especially when I have a perfectly good Trumpeter 62 sat here

Jim - see above :rolling:

Richard - there are still one or two bits here and there

Steve - possibly a misleading use of the term, track bump stop seemed as good as anything but maybe track skid would be better. They are just steel plates that curve up at each side into a flat U shape. Due to there being no return rollers, and the running of a fairly slack track, once they are at speed and start manoeuvring the tracks tend to flail about - the skids stop the vertical track movement and the subsequent destruction of the track guards

Did a very small amount last night

t62-088_2020-4-22.jpg

there should be a small grille on the right of the engine deck - missing of course in the kit but present in the Eduard set

so, drilled a couple of holes through the deck then opened out with a knife

t62-087_2020-4-22.jpg
grille installed with a couple of bolt heads added to the positions marked on the etch

I also added the radiator louvre panel which goes on the inside of the hull below the holes in the deck

Had to modify it slightly by trimming the ends off as it fouled on the reinforcement that I had installed to keep the various hull sections together

I also installed the Eduard mesh over the radiators but then removed it as the mesh pattern was too fine