First Name
Rick
Put me down for Red.......and a fine shade it is, to be sure! :thumb2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Karl, Si, Jim, Rick - you will be pleased to know that I decided to go with the red :thumb2:

dmb-035_2020-9-1.jpgdmb-036_2020-9-1.jpgdmb-038_2020-9-1.jpgdmb-039_2020-9-1.jpgdmb-040_2020-9-1.jpgdmb-041_2020-9-1.jpg
this is the current state of play

it got a wash with starship grime, most of which was then wiped off using foam make up sponge sticks to leave it in recesses

there is a definite reaction though between the mig enamel and Tamiya acrylic - had it before but thought I had not left the paint long enough, however it happened again

normally the enamel wash can be removed for ages after application if over mig/ak/vallejo acrylic

over Tamiya you only get a few minutes before it gets to the point where it is impossible to remove

the numbers are the old verlinden ones that I got for the T34/76 and SU-122 - they have 'gone off' somewhat but I managed to get three 3's into place

distressed them slightly with a brass toothpick then varnished the entire thing in Tamiya matt clear

it takes the gloss shine off and makes it look anodised - in fact it matches my RP Toolz guillotine quite well

it will need more work on panel lines and then I can start on the details and weathering

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Give me one of these man...I'm itching to build one now although I don't particularly like robotic type builds. You're making it look interesting Simon. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Give me one of these man...I'm itching to build one now although I don't particularly like robotic type builds. You're making it look interesting Simon. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard
HI SI just caught up with this an i enjoyed lookin through your robot build as i have that film ROBOTJOX but sorry to have to ask but whats this about a wabbit ? an can you tell me where this build is as i missed it
chris

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Good choice sticking with the red it really suits the machine. Reminds me of the suits used in Titanfall on the playstation

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Cheers Rick

Richard - great to see you back :thumb2: It was one of those kits that just jumped out and said build me when I was looking through ebay late one night/early morning - it could very well turn out rubbish but I had to give it a go

Chris - thanks for dropping by. Ah, the wabbit. Rather a long running saga of another sci-fi figure - a Lara Croft style lass with an RPG and a rather psycho looking rabbit as her partner in arms, being carried on her back in a rucksack and now armed with an assault rifle
They have had a few rebuilds, breakages, and attempts at paint. They are now rebuilt and modified, primed and waiting for me to pluck up courage to have another go with the paint. My figure painting is not the best - I know what the end result should be but I don't think the ability is there to pull it off :smiling5:
If you really want to waste your time there are eight pages of waffle to be found here Seal Team

Ian - cheers. Makes a change from green and brown :smiling5:

Mick - sorry, don't know it but the makers probably got inspiration from a variety of sources such as games or the war-games and films mentioned by others

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John - sorry :smiling5: it was originally going to be green

the red is much more of a challenge

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Well if you want a challenge Mr T let's talk camo schemes LOL

• Haha
Reactions: JR

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Your doing a grand job as it is. Liking all the extra detailing

D

Deleted member 6559

Really bloomin' nice Simon. You've managed to make the red look very metallic, which is a great touch.

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Actually choosing a single color rather than a camo helps bring out the little detailed lights. As it is the kit has lots of surface edges creating highlights for the metalic red.

Good job Simon. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Ian - nice idea but I will need to do something or they will annoy me :smiling5:

Steve - ta

Peter - very pleased with how my experiment turned out. I guess it should work with any of the translucent colours

Richard - cheers

Paul - thank you

Not a lot done today but here are the photos anyway

dmb-046_2020-9-4.jpgdmb-047_2020-9-4.jpgdmb-048_2020-9-4.jpgdmb-050_2020-9-4.jpgdmb-049_2020-9-4.jpg
John - token 4BO for the pilots chair and a few small panels

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I 'm loving the red,too, Simon.
Nice gesture on the 4BO , though,and I like the damaged decals.
All in all looking very nice indeed,Mr Stark.