SimonT - Hobbyboss 1/35 Russian T-18 Light Tank

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
Brilliant, Simon. That looks totally cold and wet. The broken ice is super. Top marks from me sir!

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Mr T,
brrrrr......well that certainly looks chilly . Nice work and merry Christmas :smiling4:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Happy Christmas Simon
That is excellent. Ivan looks the part peering out. The mud, snow and ice is totally convincing.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
John, Neil, Si, Jim - happy Christmas to you and yours and thank you all for the comments

It is my first real try at a largish snow base - just done the odd figure on a small base before

The 'ice' chunks I made from PI&S water mixed with their snow powder and poured into a shallow container to create a thin layer that could then be broken up and dropped into the main water

Snow is a mix of PI&S InstaSno, Extra snow and snow wash with a sprinkling of fine sparkles bought off ebay and then ground down in a pestle and mortar

Mud was AK rough ground paste mixed with pigments and painted

The stirred silt in the water was a lighter pigment gently stirred into the water once it had been poured

I have a few more winter builds in mind so this was an experiment to see if I could achieve anything closely resembling winter

Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 7181

Looks great Simon, you've definitely nailed the cold and frosty look.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Another method mastered. Well done. PaulE

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Simon,
That looks the business, had to look out the window because my garden looks a bit like your groundwork, wet with mud and water....
Excellent finish.
Mike.

• Love
Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Simon,
That looks the business, had to look out the window because my garden looks a bit like your groundwork, wet with mud and water....
Excellent finish.
Mike.
Bet you won't tell SWMBO it looks like that !