SimonT - Tamiya 1:35 Sturmmorser Tiger (AAGB)

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice, sure it will paint up well Simon, lots of shading and the odd new one put in here and there. Bring on the painting.:nerd:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Simon,
Looking very nice mate. the door furniture looks spot on. I have one of these tile punches as well they work well.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks Neil

Plenty of scope for shading John - should be fun

Cheers Scottie. Still need to look at doing some hinges for the barn doors and window shutters
The punch certainly makes tile making easier but it does make your fingers ache after a while

stig-162_2020-5-19.jpg
made a start on tidying up the cut edge of the roof

it caused quite a bit of damage as the card tiles split and peeled off in layers

after rectification works (sticking peeled layers back together, replacing tiles that came away etc) this is how it currently looks - not too bad overall, just needs a little more gentle sanding to straighten the edge

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
stig-163_2020-5-20.jpg
finally finished scoring in the cobbles in the courtyard plus assembled a Historex water barrel to sit at the side of the building

Sanded the join lines then re-scribed some of the stave lines (I think the Historex moulds are getting rather tired. I have noticed that details are getting very wishy washy on some parts compared to the same parts when I bought them back in the 80's) and scraped in a bit of wood grain so there is something to paint

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Very nice Mr T. The tiles and cobbles have come out really well. Looking forward to seeing you paint and weather each individual tile and cobble. None of this all over washing business. :smiling2: :smiling5: ;)

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
Roof looks nice and I'm very taken by your cobbles :thumb2:
Jim

Peter Gillson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Hi Simon

the vehicle looks great, loverly weathing.

the building looks excellent - brilliant details, this is certainty coming together really well.

Peter