SimonT - Tamiya 1:35 Sturmmorser Tiger (AAGB)

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Ive Dropboxed you all the details of the SturmTiger that you are looking for. The internal picture of the Nahverteidigungswaffe is on Page 22 showing the catch for you

Sturmtiger finished (14).jpgimg5.jpg

I have pictures of the counter balance as well but I just cant get any decent wifi out here in Stratford. I will get them out to you on Friday mate

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Thanks for the offer John - I shall let you know :thumb2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Steve - sorry, missed your post.

I have pics of the grenade launcher and top of the counter balance ta.

It’s the bottom half of the counter balance I am missing.

I can tell it has a circular top plate but no idea if the rest is a spring or hydraulic damper

All the internal photos I have are of incomplete vehicles with no brackets or counter balances so if you have info on the lower section that would be great - thanks

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
My picture shows a simple weight system. I have several internal pictures of a crewman inside unloading the shells from the pully system and placing them in the breach. I also have extensive walk around internal photos of the original Sturmtigers. I'll be home sometime Friday and I will get them Dropboxed over to you.

At Telford there were two traders. One with a table full of Friuls and another with a table of MC. The MC table was a mad scrum so didn't get a look in. The Friul trader was selling them all for £20 a box.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
That would be great Steve - thanks

Friuls at £20 is a pretty good price - did you partake?

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
I like to buy as and when I need the things as I am not a great one for stashing stuff

I have dropboxed over four books for you on the Sturmtiger. Any problems let me know.

If anyone else wants copies just PM me

Reactions: JR

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I love a bargain - that's why I have spent a fortune amassing enough kits to start a shop of my own :thinking: :rolling::smiling5:

Cheers Steve - received

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
At Telford there were two traders. One with a table full of Friuls and another with a table of MC. The MC table was a mad scrum so didn't get a look in. The Friul trader was selling them all for £20 a box.

Blimey, like John says - I would have shouted "shark" and bought the lot!!!! :tongue-out3: :smiling2::smiling2:

Paul.
:smiling2:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
880 holes were drilled and 220 links were sanded,
Good heavens. I'm so glad no one ever thought of putting tracks an aircraft. I commend your attention to detail, including the tracks !

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
What about this then Colin?
1C36244B-BBAE-49D1-8A6E-49BEFA7F607F.jpeg
PS, apologies to SimonT for the thread hi Jack

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Looks like a flipping big belt to me. Good effort though Jakko.
It may not be made up of individual links, but it’s definitely a tracked suspension (experimental on a B-36, to see if it would give it rough-field capability — it didn’t :smiling3:).

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
It may not be made up of individual links, but it’s definitely a tracked suspension (experimental on a B-36, to see if it would give it rough-field capability — it didn’t :smiling3:).
Having built a B36 (1:72) I did wonder if that was a B36, then thought, no, that would just be silly. lol.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Not got much done however, thanks to the extra pics supplied by Steve, I have made an approximation of the commanders hatch damper mechanism

stig-053_2019-11-18.jpg

I also added the tops to the exhausts and then rolled the etch shrouds and attached them

stig-054_2019-11-18.jpg