SimonT - Tamiya 1:35 Sturmmorser Tiger (AAGB)

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hopefully Jim - the work so far is just for the armoured cover. The petrol tank neck and filler cap sit under that cover

Scottie, Paul, Rick - there appears to be a special cross shaped spanner for undoing these armoured covers. Will post info later

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I thought it was only me the bought obscure makes that were poorly made !
Still you like something of a challenge and normally end up with something better Simon.

Last edited:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
TIGER 1

This shows the radiator and fuel caps.

On closer inspection, the removal tool they are using for the armoured covers looks homemade but presumably they must have had something similar

(unless they really did have a 6ft Philips screwdriver as Paul suggested)

Hi John - I think it is beyond help. Must rate as one of the worst kits I've ever bought and a total waste of money

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
stig-018_2019-10-24.jpgstig-019_2019-10-24.jpg
have made a basic fuel tank (you can just about see it through the grille (I appear to have forgotten to take a pic of it)

the filler neck lines up below the previously drilled and threaded access hole

I have also opened out all those curvy grille apertures as they suffered from a lot of mould flare making the actual holes quite narrow on the underside

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
stig-020_2019-10-25.jpg
added a basic representation of the interior just so that there will be something under the grilles instead of a large void

stig-021_2019-10-25.jpg
once the mesh is added not much can be seen so not much point adding lots of detail

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Morning Simon
once the mesh is added not much can be seen so not much point adding lots of detail
Since when has that stopped you!! :tongue-out:
Seriously though it is better to be safe than sorry. When it is all glued up you can't add stuff under the mesh then. It is surprising how a chink of light can show where it shouldn't!
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I was trying to be sensible for a change Jim but you’ve convinced me - some simple fan shapes will be added, just in case

Steve - can be used to cover a whole host of things such as ‘I built a complete interior’ or a ’full engine with working pistons and valves’:smiling:

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Splendid work Simon. I wish I had the inclination to add all the extra detail you do. My excuse is most is lost in a fuselage.

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Posting at this time of morning Simon I can only assume you woke up in the chair.
Your not wearing the " stay awake helmet " and decided to stay up and get ready for the day .:smiling3:
Oh nice detail on those days by the way .:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Morning John - don't forget that the site clock is permanently an hour out so it was actually 3:53 and yes, woke up freezing cold and wondering where I was yet again :sleeping::sleeping: Posted on my way to bed

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh thanks for that Simon, I'd never realised. I'm still in bed, thinking about getting up !

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
If the weather where you are is anything like here just stay in bed John

Good news on the tracks - remembered that I had actually bought a set of Masterclub resin late tracks a few years ago for another project so have robbed them for this one instead :thumb2:

Reactions: JR