SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
John - no longer a problem as picked them off with tweezers :thumb2:

Steve / Scotty - who doesn't like throwing mud around :smiling5:

Started looking at the crew - they were not as good as I first thought

The driver will hardly be seen so I am going to use the kit one but the two up top are getting a re-work

First task, off with their heads

t34-76-085_2020-5-25.jpg
arggh - gone fuzzy again. Looks like it decided to focus nicely on my jeans instead :rolling:

Basically I sliced off the belt and cross belt and filed grooves where they had been

Cut off the collar detail so that I could sit the cross belt below the new collar

Drilled out the neck to take a Hornet head

Made new belt and cross belt from micro-strip then added Historex buckles

New collar made from Duro

Sharpened up all the creases

Separated fingers on left hand then sliced hand off arm so it could be rotated slightly to give a better position on the turret hatch

Hollowed the end of the right sleeve

Flare pistol will get barrel drilled out

t34-76-082_2020-5-25.jpg
this is roughly how he will be positioned in the turret

t34-76-084_2020-5-25.jpg
same treatment for the second chap but still to be finished

t34-76-083_2020-5-25.jpg
rear view of them both

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Those will do very nicely Mr. T. You think the kit heads were bad on your model, you should see what I have to put up with in my scale. The heads are way too big and the poses are rigid. With their tanker helmets on they remind me of Mr. Potato head.:sad: Roco have done us dirty! Cheers Mate, Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Preiser do some very nice figures though if you can get hold of them

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice alterations on the figures Mr T. I'm sure you are looking forward to painting them.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
A little more work needed with the putty before painting can commence Steve

I have the brushes, paint sets, how to books etc, just lacking the bucketful of talent to make a good job of them - another area that I need to practice

I am happy with the progress on painting of the tank so you never know, maybe I will be able to come up with something of passable quality on these two with a bit of luck

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
t34-76-088_2020-6-7.jpg
feel free to laugh - I know they look like they are in sleeping bags but they are not a serious attempt at sculpting

I just needed some bulk to fill the turret and give the impression that they are not really only half the men they used to be

Tamiya has cruelly cut them off in their prime such that when inserted in the turret it is a bit obvious that they are truncated

this makes it look like there is a lower torso but without wasting hours on sculpting that will not be seen

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ah, Simon, the mermen look good with new heads. Also good handholds for painting.

Cheers,
Richard