SimonT - Yufan Model - Seal Support Team 75mm

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I think the most I’ve done is around six on a 120mm sniper - it had so much time in the cleaner it changed the consistency of the resin!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I think the most I’ve done is around six on a 120mm sniper - it had so much time in the cleaner it changed the consistency of the resin!
I must admit that is a few dips, but were you happy in the end or did it become unpaintable?

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
It worked in the end Paul but the resin was the consistency of a bar of soap - no long term damage, he is still on my shelf

You may have seen it on the other site - German sniper firing from first floor of ruined building

D

Deleted member 6559

Well, I thought it was looking fine Simon, but if you weren't happy......

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Simon
If all else fails leave the leg off and position her behind a tree stump!!! You could even call her 'Long John Julie' and people would believe she was never meant to have a leg.
Jim

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Leg has been drilled and pinned in place without problem so no need for pirate impressions

Pulled her head off again and drilled and pinned that whilst I was at it

Although initially I all looked ok after the soaking I have found that the filler has been affected by the Dettol - it has gone soft so most of it will need to come off and be re-done

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sure Rick will still like Julie, even with one lower leg !

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Put a new blade in the scalpel......

seal-038_2019-8-19.jpg
.....and promptly stabbed it into my finger

Leaked a bit but at least I kept it off the carpet :rolling:

seal-036_2019-8-19.jpg
seal-037_2019-8-19.jpg

I also dissected the wabbit - pulled his head and left arm (leg) off then broke the previous arm joint

Trimmed the arm down rotated a few bits to get a better angle then drilled and pinned again

Also cut off the kit neck mounting and drilled and pinned it at the same time taking the opportunity to change the head angle so that he is looking over the assault rifle

An unfortunate side effect of all this ragging about was that his right ear fell off yet again

This time it was beyond saving as there just wasn't the material left to drill and pin again

I have instead drilled his noggin and put an ear length pin in - I will have to sculpt a new ear around the pin

Rebuilding next......

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
I know you are struggling with the legs, arms and ears but there is no need for that level of realism. If you want to do a surgery shot of them then just use red paint LOL

If medals were given out for model builds then you deserve a Victoria Cross for sticking with this one

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I know you are struggling with the legs, arms and ears but there is no need for that level of realism. If you want to do a surgery shot of them then just use red paint LOL

If medals were given out for model builds then you deserve a Victoria Cross for sticking with this one
Steve.... Simon's got a chest full of Purple Hearts already. I'm only surprised he hasn't run out of blood. Missed the carpet yeah right probably squirted across the room and out the window. :tears-of-joy:

They ought to invent safety knives for you and don't try to do Teppanyaki. :smiling4: I squirm in my chair everytime I read that someone has a close encounter with the blade.

Looking forward to the re-do.

Cheers,
Richard

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Simon,
I have heard of suffering for your art but giving a pint of blood, as Tony Hancock would say that's nearly an arm full. Nice work on the wabbit.