SimonT - Yufan Model - Seal Support Team 75mm

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Indeed. You wouldn't forget her either if you'd seen her. Did in fact resemble the fair Julie with about 20lbs added mostly to legs, arms & shoulders. Was one of my wife's best friends. Last word was in 68 when she took off to clown school so she could join the circus or terrify children, I forget which. It was the 60s. PaulE

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
She probably has a nice Gig working for the Shrine Circus and married to some AWB and they have to kids (Grown up) and two grand kids all getting on very well.......now take your meds before Matron shows up and has you try on the one way sports coat:tongue-out3: Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
You're all mad, in a nice way of course

Well, Steves third time lucky prophecy didn't come to pass

The new MIG paints that I mixed the base pink from dried shiny - not usually a problem but this time I found that when I tried to paint Wabbit the paint wouldn't stick properly

Very patchy and rather a mess so I have given them both a coat of AK ultra matt to seal them - back to the start anyway for Mr Wabbit so there will be a bit of a delay again

Thinking about it as I write this I am wondering if I hadn't got the brush clean enough from using the weathering enamels :thinking:

Might be an idea to invest in more brushes so I can keep a set for acrylic and a set for enamel/oils......

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Yes indeed, natural bristle tends to go wonky in water based paints. Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Don’t have that issue with sables I’m afraid, I find they last better than they used to in enamels. On the other hand, nylon brushes hook in no time No matter what paint I use. Masters brush soap is the charm. Brushes last ages If this is used after rinsing the worst of the paint off, no matter what paint they are used in.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Yes..........I wonder whose website she is livening up now days? Rick H.
Excuse me Simon.
Rick are we talking about that French lady who took some great photos, didn't she work for some model company as well ?

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
She was very talented & had an excellent avatar. I didn't realize Simon named his model so. PaulE

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
I didn’t name it someone else did and it seems to have stuck Paul

John, yes Model Miniatures. I think it is her company. I bought an overpriced conversion kit from them and it was pants. Could have done better myself. Never again

Reactions: JR

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'd have to read back but I might have been the culprit...Yes JR, I was speaking of Julie who used to post updates on MM, the new product releases for the German company she worked for. As Simon said, Model Miniatures or Military Miniatures...something like that. I clicked on some of her url's a few times....she was quite the photographer. Attending a lot of military parades and functions etc. Rick H.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Allow me to correct my previous post. After re-reading this thread it appears that I am the culprit that hung the "Julie" moniker round her neck. Reinforced by JR of course. Yes, she worked for Model Miniatures, a French Co. Apparently... And was endowed, as previously posted by Mr. Jones in certain areas of anatomy and let it go at that. Cheers Rick H.

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Not a problem Rick - she will be forever known now as Julie

seal-047_2020-6-7.jpg
looks like I wobbled again as I took the snap!

At least the blurring effect hides some of the poor paintwork :smiling5:

Blocked in his T-shirt with black panzer uniform, which is really a very dark grey, the backpack with canvas and the rockets with German uniform green

I am definitely better at the random throwing of mud at tanks than this precision figure painting lark

Mr Wabbit needs a lot more work, preferably by someone that knows what they are doing :smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I'm liking the cwazy wabbit just fine Mr. T...I sometimes think you underestimate your abilities as I know if it were my project he would be weely scwewy looking!:rolling: Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL MR T how i missed this i'll never know as i was on the forum at the time but i have never laughed so much at some of the wittizims on this thread its very funny i think an like the guys said you do desevse a medal for stickin at this but what happen to it ? did you never finish this as this deseved to be finished

elmer fudd

• Haha
Reactions: JR
D

Deleted member 6559

Hey chaps. Reading through this and I managed to find a picture of Julie Ludmann of French company, Model Miniatures:

8929091868_0d6591633c.jpg

I think she worked as PR for the company and was a fine photographer. A few straps and guns (and a cwazy wabbit) and she'd be a dead ringer.

Edit - My very bad - looks like she owned and founded the company. Model Miniatures made a 1/72 figure of her, as supplied with one of their kits:

079_zps99b8a5c6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: