Simple and small!

P

Plastickitbasher

Hello chaps

Thought I'd post this to redress the part of the balance as the other were of the axis forces so here's one from the allied side!!

1944 British Paratrooper

An all resin affair this time, painted with Vellajo model paints and weathered with Mig pigments, filters and washes. I did this one last year and entered my first model show comp and got mr a highly commended award which I have hang up and still makes me smile when I look at it... I know I know a bit sad lol.

Oh yeah here the photo's

View attachment 17395View attachment 17397View attachment 17398

Hope you enjoy the photo's

Regards

David

View attachment 25315

View attachment 25317

View attachment 25318

Para_3.jpg

Para_2.jpg

Para_1.jpg

S

Stefan290790

Very nice mate! May I ask what scale is this and some of the weathering tools you used? I making one with a small team of US troops with terrain and a big one with a tank, troops and terrain. I would also love to do one figure like this on its own on a terrain piece.

Nice job!

S

Stefan290790

Also how did u do the detail of the face such as the eyes? Im having a lot of trouble with that! Thanks!

P

Plastickitbasher

For the weathering I used Mig Pigments and filters. With the pigmenst I applied them dry, then blowing the excess off. If I rember rightly I used the Mig filter for dark green applied a little at a time until I was happy with the effect.

Face and hands painting and weathering

I used Vellajo's Panzer Aces three stage skin colours starting off with the shadow colour first and then dry brushing the mid tones and highlights. For the weathering again I used Mig pigments dry brushed on.

It's all in the eye's

For the base eye colour I used Vellajo's Light skin tone it's almost white but has a dash pinky redness in it, for the pupils I used black applied with a cocktail stick and a very steady hand this is the make or break so when you do one make sure you are not only sicking comfortablly but how you hold the figure and how you support your painting hand, take your time if it doesn't feel right stop readjust and try again. Finally a very small dot of red/crimson in the corners for tear ducts then a pass over with some gloss varnish to make the eye look wet job done.

I hope that helps.

Regards

David