Simulating Blood splatter

K

Kieran

Hello

i was looking into simulating Blood splatters using Fake blood.

the question is, Has anybody tried this before, and would it be safe to use it in an airbrush?

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Someone did this a while ago using an airbrush. I'm thinking of Ray (Sprayman) or John Huggins. Hopefully they'll chip in for you.

Steve

S

sprayman

Steve your memory serves you very well...I had to think about it myself,...lol...but I did n experimental blood mix with a couple of paints...and after searching through my threads, I found it here:

http://www.scale-models.co.uk/dioramas/10489-blood-effect.html

Ray

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
You could always create the colour and flick it from a stiff bristled brush, like a toothbrush, to create the splatter effect, as well.

N

noble

Just nick the end of your finger and shake no need to simulate blood splatter, after all don't we all suffer for our art. he he.

scott

K

Kieran

\ said:
Just nick the end of your finger and shake no need to simulate blood splatter, after all don't we all suffer for our art. he he.scott
Was actually going to do that, but was worried that the blood would darken to brown and ruin the effect

B

Buttonman

I use a thin straw and blow through the bullet hole. gets realistic results,remember blood splatter contains more than blood.

cheers

Martin