"Sink The Bismarck!"

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Matron !!!! MATRON !!!!!!!,

Chris is having a breakdown, and Ron is back to his ole tricks of destroying stuff, we need some of your 'special calming down' juice..
And for gawd's sake don't let JR near the flammable stuff....

(toddles off to find some asbestos underpants...just in case..)

excellent work thought Ron.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
THAT 570 is a Maniack an sqeezzed my eyes shut passing them oirrible pics an Oh my gawd who is that orribble women comin towards me NO NO keep away lol
chr ouch isb
Chris, I have a set of welders goggles if that will help you avoid seeing your Nemesis - if you're not strait-jacketed by tomorrow just call should you feel the need! :cool:
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris, I have a set of welders goggles if that will help you avoid seeing your Nemesis - if you're not strait-jacketed by tomorrow just call should you feel the need! :cool:
Steve
I MAY Steve as 570 is nr sending me over the edge he is a very destrutive chappie aint he lol
chrisb ps no strait-jacket needed YET ?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Oh dear me. Ron, you can see just how much upset you've caused. May I suggest that future threads of this nature come with a warning. Something like those which precede certain TV programmes.
"This thread contains scenes which some viewers may find upsetting."
Just a suggestion but you know it makes sense ;) :thumb2: :smiling: :rolling:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Oh dear me. Ron, you can see just how much upset you've caused. May I suggest that future threads of this nature come with a warning. Something like those which precede certain TV programmes.
"This thread contains scenes which some viewers may find upsetting."
Just a suggestion but you know it makes sense ;) :thumb2: :smiling: :rolling:
WELL Done Jim lad that had me laughing very adpt :rolling: :smiling::smiling::smiling:
chrisb

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ron

I've got to say on the one hand it is a shame to have destroyed such a great build but at the same time time you've done it with such style, aplomb and panache!!! Very well done indeed. :thumb2: :thumb2: :thumb2:

Now where are my pyrotechnics in case Comrade Race gets intercepted! ;) :smiling5:

Great work!!!

ATB.

Andrew

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Now then chaps, 'tis but a bit of painted plastic (or was). Think of poor old Chris and how he's suffering during all this. ;)

Just to make my good buddies on here relax a bit, here is the nicely still intact, squeaky clean version alongside the hulk. I'll let you guess which is which.

P1330031.JPG

P1330032.JPG

On looking at my initial setting for the sinking ship, her bow looked a tad high, so I've hacked away a bit more base to lower the front end a tad....
P1330033 (2).JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Ron, but shouldn’t there be more evidence of hits on the armoured belt along the side….after all, if nothing ever hits it, there’s no point in the designers putting it on the ship ;)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tim, giz a chance, I haven't applied any hull or armour belt damage yet. Amongst others, including torpedo strikes, there will be a big hole in the hull where a shell from P.O.W. hit the ship. This was the strike that caused Bismarck to start loosing fuel and forced her to head for the safety of the French coast.

Keep in mind too that I've obviously only just started the general damage, so plenty of additions yet to do. Wayward rigging for starters. The damage to Dora's right hand gun where a shell exploded prematurely inside the barrel........The list goes on and on......:dizzy:

Thanks for the suggestion and observation none the less. Much appreciated. :thumb2:

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry mate, not concentrating……when I saw her starting to sink I thought you had moved on to working on the finished dio….

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
No need for 'Sorry' Tim, I'm just far***g about with the model, a kind'a 'Loose fit' and getting it to sit right on the base. Then I can remove it and start some 'Phase Two' destruction....Poor Chris!

Cheers.
Ron

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Outstanding! Love it Ron, lovely damage.

Next step, you going to do a sunken one like I did?

Attachments

• BISMARCK9A.jpg
    BISMARCK9A.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 10

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Si, I well remember your excellent sunk Bismarck. I will eventually use this sinking one and try and model her on the sea bed. It'll sort of round off the thread subject.

Pete. Now that's a good idea.... ;) ;)

Thanks for the input chaps. :thumb2:

Ron