"Sink The Bismarck!"

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Off on Sunday. The missus has just banned me from packing as last autumn we went up to the Lake District and the first day of the holiday we had to go and buy me some socks. I honestly thought I'd packed a pair for each day plus a spare. I hadn't! :rolling:
I can beat that….when my daughter was about two we drove down to Devon for a holiday. I loaded the car while my wife sorted out out daughter. When it came to unloading my wife said….where did you put the black bag from the bedroom….what bag sez I…..turned out I left all the daughters clothes in Salisbury….first trip on the holiday…to a shopping mall to buy the daughter a whole new wardrobe :flushed:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Tim and Paul. Thanks for your very nice posts.

I've finally finished the seascape. I was starting to fiddle with it, so best leave things alone....And the model! :flushed:

Anyway, right or wrong, here is a picture of my interpretation of the sinking.

I'll post some more in a sort of pictorial sequence leading up to Bismarck's final battle, over in Dioramas 'Completed' asap......

Thanks to those who took the time to post their very kind comments and suggestions during the build.

...and a special thanks to Chris for sticking with the it - even if it was through squinting eyes!

P1330149.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
What an excellent display of your many talents Mr. Ron! Only you could cause Chris to go blind and get "seasick" at the same time. Well done Sir.....I think JR is a bit miffed that there was no "fire" involved in this sinking ;) Tip o the hat for your superb efforts....much enjoyed by yours truly. :thumb2::thumb2: Rick H.

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Wow!
Thanks to you great people for the very generous comments.

Rick, you are spot on! But there again, the finished pictures in Dio's 'Completed' are still to come...........;)

Thanks again all.

Ron