six foot sulaco scratch build completed.

B

baz

Hi every one,
well 8 weeks from the start here is the six foot sulaco completed though not the whole thing as this will be done by model collector as to transport this model I made some of the parts removable ( top band bottom guns and the lower tower section. here are some images of the model after a coat of primer my collector friend is going to add the super detail touches as I am NOT a painter of models by any means I just love to build models.

best regards ( Barrie the old guy )

Attachments

• DSCF2526.jpg
    DSCF2526.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 61
  • DSCF2527.jpg
    DSCF2527.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF2533.jpg
    DSCF2533.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 60
  • DSCF2535.jpg
    DSCF2535.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF2540.jpg
    DSCF2540.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF2543.jpg
    DSCF2543.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 57
  • DSCF2544.jpg
    DSCF2544.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 56
  • DSCF2551.jpg
    DSCF2551.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 59
  • DSCF2550.jpg
    DSCF2550.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 56

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Amazing work barrie ,your skills are gobsmacking ! I dont know whos going to get this but theyre getting something truly special . Any chance your friend can take us some pics of the assembled painted model? cheers tony

B

baz

I will ask my collector friend if he will send me some pics when he gets it all together and properly finished with name and effects paint on and then I will put them on the site. Thank you for the kind comments which always inspire me to go on to make better models in the future.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

J

Jens Andrée

I can only concur with Tony that it is a majestic piece you've built!!!
I don't know how you do it so well, and I'm really curious to try something simpler, but there's gotta be a whole lot of experience behind that!
I also hope we get to see some pictures of this, and the previous one, when painted?

bazers

SMF Supporter
First Name
barry
Great work Barrie puts my 1 72 scale scratchbuilds to shame.

Steve Brodie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looks fantastic, but please excuse my ignorance what is a/the sulaco ? :oops:

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
The Sulaco was the troopship that carried the Marines and Ripley in the film "Aliens".

First Name
Alex
Really cool! i feel inspired. I do feel a bit sorry for the person who is going to paint it ! although i'm sure it will look even more amazing when it's finished.

B

baz

Thank you every one,
for your kind comments and its not that hard to build something like this, yes there is a lot of model building gone before but I break down the model into small easy to work on sections and then just plan an hour or two each day as to what I have to do, and as they say a long journey begins with a simple step and then after three or four weeks you stick all the little bits together and you have one BIG bit. I just wish that I could paint, it has never been my strong point but I just love to build the challenge of working out how to build something is what drives me ever on ward and upward ( that sounds like a quote from a film I think ).
As soon as my collector friend has her done I will ask if he can send me some pics for you guys.

regards Barrie ( the old guy )

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Uber cool build!!:eek::cool:

First Name
Ant
Hi every one,
well 8 weeks from the start here is the six foot sulaco completed though not the whole thing as this will be done by model collector as to transport this model I made some of the parts removable ( top band bottom guns and the lower tower section. here are some images of the model after a coat of primer my collector friend is going to add the super detail touches as I am NOT a painter of models by any means I just love to build models.

best regards ( Barrie the old guy )
Fantastic model great detail

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's another amazing build, would love to see the pics when its finished

Mr Bowcat

SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
As this thread is 4 years old, I'm guessing we probably won't get to see any more pics. :smiling3:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Six feet? Wow, I'm surprised an Armed Response Unit hasn't paid you an early morning 'courtesy' call mate!
Steve