SK Miniatures 1/8 Julius Caesar Bust

• Thread starter Deleted member 6559
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 6559

100_8715.JPG

This is the first of the figures given to me by Bamberg's finest, Mr Allen Dewire. It's a large 1/8 scale bust of Julius Caesar by SK Miniatures, which is clearly based on ancient Roman statues:

download (1).jpggettyimages-50698186-612x612.jpg

The box art depicts the cuirass as being of leather with metal attachments, and although there is no evidence that they were made of leather, I think I will paint it as such.

Two marvellously sculpted and cast parts:

100_8716.JPG

Should be fun.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great looking sculpt, and we get to do all the corny Roman jokes again.....I’m definitely in.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Peter
That's a sizable chunk of resin. Does look to be a beautiful casting.
Jim

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
A beautiful gesture by our friend in the Fatherland. Looking forward to seeing how this one turns out. Infamy, infamy! they've all got it in for me!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Looking good.:thumb2:

Phone zoom in shows no issues!! ;)

In all seriousness Peter i look at most threads on my phone rather than PC/laptop and so I have to zoom in a bit to be able to see properly what with my dodgy - eye test long delayed due to covid - eyes.

Keep up the good work.

ATB

Andrew

D

Deleted member 6559

Neil - Hi Zoomer! I just got a letter about a diabetes check-up, but it looks like that's going have to wait until after the lockdown, so you have my sympathy.

Peter - It's listed as 1/9 but it's definitely bigger than that. Glad you approve.

Neil. Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hes a big old Caesar,Welease wodderwick etc.Ive not had diabetes checks for over a year,Hoping in New year for some as sugar levels arent great.The old eyes playing up when i attempted to sculpt earlier.
Watching from the stalls with popcorn to huzz around.
Rich.

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Holy Smokes Peter!!!

Where did you get the info about the bust kit??? I looked and didn't find a thing about it, scale or who made it. I thought it was the used car salesman from down the street, dressed up for Halloween.....

You figure painters have all the angles covered I guess. That is one fine bit of face painting work Sir!!! I like it very much and hope you are having fun. Yea, I know, it'll be finished tomorrow...............

Prost
Allen

D

Deleted member 6559

Ricardo - He's a whopper. Easy on the snacks.

Allen - I just had a look at the lists of a couple of UK suppliers and there it was at SK Miniatures; one of their own releases. I am really enjoying this one - nice big scale and a clean sculpt. Many thanks again.

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Peter

Another great start on the head.

You will need to be careful with the body, don't drop it or its a trip to A&E, with a broken foot!

It should be a reasonable day, but the news has a foggy start down Sowff?

Enjoy the paint ans the Pz II

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 6559

Hi Steve

Yes, the torso is a big lump of resin. I'll try and get on with this today so that I can concentrate a bit more on the GB. No fog here, but quite a frost - why is winter always such a shock to the system? Have a good day decontaminating.

D

Deleted member 6559

Here's Julie:

100_8736.JPG100_8737.JPG100_8739.JPG

I decided to have a bit of fun with the colour - Vallejo Magenta for the cloak, and Emerald Green for the tunic. The leather is a combination of Black Red and Saddle Brown over Black.

Thanks again to Allen for giving me the opportunity to paint this excellent sculpt.

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
that is superb Peter. The colours are fantastic. They are almost iridescent.
John.