Skoda PA-II Zelva

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Hello,dear modellers! Some time ago I have started a new project. This is very interesting armored car from Skoda. Unfortunatelly I have a lack of information about it. I have found only 2-3 dozens of photo. Almost all of them a very bad quality. No books, no survived vehicles. Only one replica.
So what I have already done. I removed all rivets....all of them and drilled 500 holes.:hugging-face: I think the model from Takom has some mistakes with armor plates, some rivets mossing and so on. Better to look on photos. I don't know about Hobby boss model. It would be interesting to make a comparassion review. CMK has the most accurate model in resin.
All photos are only for discussion.

At first look here. Some not good things from Takom.:loudly-crying:

R

Ranwulf

A few photos if you already haven't found them. Looking forward to seeing this come together.

Reactions: Neo

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Drilling out all those holes must have been a lot of work … are you going to put new rivets in them?

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Drilling out all those holes must have been a lot of work … are you going to put new rivets in them?
Indeed. I little bit boring to drill such amount but I am only on a half way:crying: More to come. I will use Masterclub rivets.

Reactions: JR

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Once you realise that it’s so much work that you would have been better off leaving the rivets on, it’s too late :smiling3:

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Great to see you back at the bench Neo. A very demanding project for you. I wish you all the best. Looking forward to seeing your updates. Good luck

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
AND it's going to be GLORIOUS.... can't wait..

Reactions: JR

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Great to see you back at the bench Neo. A very demanding project for you. I wish you all the best. Looking forward to seeing your updates. Good luck
Hello,Steve! It was a period without modelling. But now it is ok. And I am happy to get back:hugging-face: i hope it will be interesting.

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Greetings to all! Little update. I have finished all works with fenders. It wasn't easy to get one lvel of details because I have scored thick plastic.

I suggest to buy Hobby Boss model. The Takom model is too wide. hull plates are wrong and have incorrect angles. You may see it on this photo. Look at fender fixators and front armor plate. They are really different.

Then I have tried to do something with front/rear (as you like) lights. Takom gives us something...... This is WIP. I have just started but I already can see the difference.... i am a little bit dissapointed with all of this but i am keep working. I can't fix the hull but I can to do some extra details on it.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Nice detailing Neo. Good to see you are working your magic on this kit. The extras are a great improvement.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Neo, this is crazy and fascinating at the same time! By the time you have finished this model it will be more accurate than the real thing.
I'm sure your hard work will pay off as the current efforts are already very promising. Keep it up. Rick H.:thumb2:

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Neo, this is crazy and fascinating at the same time! By the time you have finished this model it will be more accurate than the real thing.
I'm sure your hard work will pay off as the current efforts are already very promising. Keep it up. Rick H.:thumb2:
Hello Rick and thank you! I agree with you. There are few details on this kit but it will be interesting to make them special. Much work ahead. Probably in the end we all will see something unique. I believe in it:relieved:

Neo

First Name
Artyom
Greetings! I have dicided to rework front lights. I've drilled the lights case and installed there the lights from ELf. Now I am satisfied with the result. And I've started to to fil the gaps with rivets. I will need more than 5 hungred. I am only on a half way or less now.:loudly-crying:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
If I wore one, I’d take my hat off to you just for persevering with those rivets :smiling3: