Slight dry brush ?

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
I agree with Peter,just Leave it,be,as i dose look good truly ;)

\ said:
.......... We are the worst critics of our own work Alan. :smiling3:
no truer words,

and im one for keep messing as well,:rolleyes:

i did like the look in about 2 post,s ago,

were you could pickup the light hitting it,was spot on for me,o_O

First Name
Adrian
I'll go against the flow and say it is missing some impact marks, have a look in a day or so at perhaps adding black powder burn marks, I know I didn't do this on my BSG 75 but mine was all about learning with LED's :smiling3:

Just my 2p worth :smiling3:

Adrian

S

Stevekir

The dry brushing you applied looks to me better (perhaps a tad too prominent). About 9 months ago I queried the authenticity of having any weathering on a space object on the grounds that space is much cleaner than our air. However, someone said that there is some debris out there after all. Also, a space ship would have been travelling for a very long time, perhaps hundreds of years, and would have picked up some stuff. No-one knows, so "some" weathering might look good on an exhibition table, to make it more realistic.

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
If I'm honest I like it as it stands.But at the end of the it's all down to personal preference. I myself love the "showroom" look but equally love a model of any genre that as been weathered to give it that war torn battle hardened look. But sometimes you can keep messing with something for to long and go overboard.Its a very fine line. I've gone OTT myself a few times without a recovery option. So Alan my advice give it a few days and then give it another battering if you feel it will make you happy.At the end of the day you can always do another one mate:smiling3: Good luck whichever way you choose to go cheers John

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Cheers guys I appreciate your coments :smiling3:

I have given it a slight dry brush of the original base coat over the raised detail now and I'm happy with , I would put a pic up to show that but I would have to post previous shots as well to show the difference due to the low level of dry brushing I've done

Thanks again for everyone's comments :smiling3: