Small handed parts

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If you get small sub assemblies for handed parts, it can be useful to label them so they don't get mixed up. But if they're small you can't put a label on so ....

IMGP2912.JPG

I suspect there may be summat about grandmothers and eggs here somewhere but it may help someone.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good idea, worth remembering and thanks for the tip.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I forgot to say that my pieces are clamped while the glue is drying but you could use clamps as labels any time.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I put them in small plastic dishes labelled Port and Starboard. The dishes were from a lady handing out samples of something edible at Tesco's - I told her I could use the dishes and she gave me about 50 of them! For larger parts, old margarine tubs are good.

Pete

Peej

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I put mine in some little plastic trays I scrounged of the pest control chap when he did a routine visit to my farm. They use them for putting bait in.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
For parts that I’ll be fitting straight away, I simply tend to put the ones for the right side on the right and those for the left side, on the left on my workbench. For ones that I may have around for a while, like assembled track runs for a tank, I usually put them on the corresponding sides of the open box that the model also sits in (next to my workbench) between working on it.