Small off-road 'Run Down' truck depot yard Dio

First Name
Charles
Thanks Scott. Appreciate your support. :smiling3: Will post more pics of the finish dio.

First Name
Charles
I've managed to create some worn/blown out tires, an old barrel and a couple of figures to the dio. A little more weathering to do on the figures then I should be(hopefully) satisfied.

Last edited by a moderator:
P

phalinmegob

omfg, thats it, i cannot ever post another picture of my efforts now, thanks a lot lol

this is probably one of the best i have ever seen.

S

Steviek51

That is STUNNING!, amazing attention to detail, thank you, all the best Steve.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Charles, your work just get better with every build....

This one is just superb. I have looked at it so many times and each time I see something new.

I can only imagine the time and effort that has gone into this. A master piece and an object lesson to a mere mortal like me, how a model should look.

Thank you for sharing it with us....Big 5!

Ron

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Love the blown out tires Charles, they look real. Very nice work on the truck too mate, i've see a few just like it on the road just lately lol.

Have fun, John

First Name
Charles
Thanks for all the comments gents. Almost done. :smiling3:

Q

QuarterscaleBuilder

That is a very impressive model, if I didn't know it I would have thought it was real. Have you done any more we can see?

Shane.....

First Name
Charles
\ said:
That is a very impressive model, if I didn't know it I would have thought it was real. Have you done any more we can see?Shane.....
Sorry for the late reply Shane. Been really busy with life....as we all are. :smiling3: Thanks for the comment. Are you referring to dios in particular or more truck models?

B

Buttonman

That looks amazing, just one more thing oil stains scrap HGV engines=oil stains .

still looks sierra hotel though must have taken you ages to do the blown tires and the wire work

keep it up

martin

First Name
Charles
\ said:
That looks amazing, just one more thing oil stains scrap HGV engines=oil stains .still looks sierra hotel though must have taken you ages to do the blown tires and the wire work

keep it up

martin
Thanks Martin. The blown tire actually took me 5 mins to make. Very simple.

M

m1ks

As everyone else has said, that is truly incredible, the attention to detail superb, even down to the partially run over slightly angled piece of plate steel under the left rear dual wheel, how many times i've seen that exact thing in the yards of the garages i've worked at yet would never think of doing it.

The shipping container is so realistic and I love your weathering.

Please share how you did the blown / stripped tyre tread, that looks just like the ones you see roadside on our motorways when a truck, (lorry), dumps one.

First Name
Charles
\ said:
As everyone else has said, that is truly incredible, the attention to detail superb, even down to the partially run over slightly angled piece of plate steel under the left rear dual wheel, how many times i've seen that exact thing in the yards of the garages i've worked at yet would never think of doing it.The shipping container is so realistic and I love your weathering.

Please share how you did the blown / stripped tyre tread, that looks just like the ones you see roadside on our motorways when a truck, (lorry), dumps one.
Sorry for the late reply. The blown out tire was simply done by cutting out part of the tire and placing braided electrical wires inside. I found the braided wires at my work place which was thrown into a dumpster.

Last edited by a moderator:
F

funkyrimpler

i just stumbled on this incredible dio..it was so good i actually had to laugh! Epic!

First Name
Charles
\ said:
i just stumbled on this incredible dio..it was so good i actually had to laugh! Epic!
Thanks a lot. Here are few rescent pics with some small changes:

B

bob

Tiking, your work is outstanding! I am getting back into modelling after many years and I love the realism experts like yourself get. My question to you is how do you get the peeling paint effect? e.g. -the blue showing through on the doors with the brown/rust lifting off the surface. Also, how do you make what looks like rust underneath the surface - it looks like actual bubbling of the paint! Wonderful work.

Thank you, Bob (P.S. - I am not an artist)

D

DOPP3LGANG3R666

Absolutely love this. Hopefully one day i Will be able to build something like this. Awesome work there!!!

Pascal