Smashed, bashed and generally trashed. An Egyptian T-62.. Yom Kippur 1973

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ron, I've got the same view as Simon but won't be a rivet counter on this as the photography is amazing.The natural lighting does help with the stark contrasts and the angle against the sky gives the illusion of endless desert and a lonely wreck. :thumb2: I'm going to be suspicious of newsreel photos from now on. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks for your great posts, chaps.
I'm really over the moon to read such great comments. It means so much to me, it really does..... :thumb2:

Jim, wrong with both guesses!... :tongue-out3: To my way of thinking, the model has to be completed, paint and all, before any attempt to wreck the thing.

So it's build, paint, wreck - And then paint again for the susplosions etc.
Thanks for the question, and following along.... :thumb2:

Chris and Pete. Thanks for both your most excellent posts.
Mess around all you want, no worries here.

But Chris, I think your image is way too dark, old lad. I tried to get the pictures to reflect the harshness of the sun and the desert terrain. Hence the brightness. which I like to think I got summat like what I required by simply waiting for some good, strong and bright sunshine.

Regarding photoshop etc., where finished models are concerned, I think it's kind of cheating to mess with the original image. I couldn't use such a site if I tried. I'm a point and click merchant, but I do like to spend some time composing the shot, even if it's simply a stage of the build. I'm sure a lot of fun can be had with these picture sites, they're just not for me.

But feel free to have as much of a 'fiddle' as you wish..... :dizzy: I'd be interested to see the results........

Cheers all.

Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Hi Ron, I've got the same view as Simon but won't be a rivet counter on this as the photography is amazing.The natural lighting does help with the stark contrasts and the angle against the sky gives the illusion of endless desert and a lonely wreck. :thumb2: I'm going to be suspicious of newsreel photos from now on. :smiling6:

Cheers,
Richard

Nice one Richard. Thank you.

I hope this doesn't come over as being rude and abrupt, far from it, as I always appreciate your feedback, but this model, as I'm sure you appreciate, has nothing to do with this and that being wrong or missing. I have no interest in such things and this piece is obviously not meant to be scrutinized from that perspective. My attention was to have a go at modelling a wrecked tank...Full stop.

With this model or any others of mine, I build OOB and just do my best with what I see inside. I'm a hopeless case and I suspect that's why I'm left in peace to just tootle along free from 'Rivet counters' as the terminology goes....

Thanks again for your compliments.

Ron

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
I have no problem with that. Everyone has their way of enjoying their hobby and I respect that. I find rivet counters very annoying especially the ones who don't build but I guess that's a hobby too. :smiling2:
I'm glad you enjoy what you do and you did a wreck intentionally...others get frustrated and wreck their builds by accident and give up the hobby.:tears-of-joy:

Cheers,
Richard

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Brilliant Ron, I can't really add to the rest of the comments, it's totally convincing (and that's my idea for a wrecked Spitfire out the window too :rolling: ).

Cheers

Thais (where's me lighter?)

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks chaps.
Highly amusing Richard... :thumb2:

Thanks Steve. Me want to see wrecked Spitfire! Mind you, Great minds and all that......

By the way, please don't mention Thais ever again.

Regards.
The good people of Persepolis.